Windows Vista RC1 available for Public download

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 dualcorex

dualcorex

WinMatrixian

• 188 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:15 PM

Can anyone give me a product key please. I have it downloaded. I lost my product key too. it would be a great help. Thanks.

Edited by dualcorex, 07 September 2006 - 07:16 PM.

#22 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

I have to say I'm impressed with RC1, I've installed a number of builds (longhorn, beta 1, beta 2, pre Rc1) and this is such an improvement. When I installed Pre RC1 last week, the installation was very slow (over an hour) while RC1 took under a half an hour. It detected almost all my drivers (including my 2 SATA Raid drives). The only drivers I have any problem with are my Creative Audigy 2 drivers, but I blame Creative for that.... anyway, their beta drivers work ok (no surround sound though).

Windows Media Centre is very good, I didn't even have to scan for my video, audio and picture files. I just created a shortcut to them from my xp documents and the first time I opened Media Centre there they were :).

Also the serial number from beta 2 works fine with RC1. I also noticed that my rating with up to 4.1 from 3.1, which is nice :) Everything seems to work just the way you would want it to ... so far

Just wondering how big is the x86 iso and the x64 iso?

x64 is around 3.7G while x86 is about 2.6

Edited by Som, 08 September 2006 - 09:29 AM.

#23 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Wow i can't wait :woot:

#24 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

I have a question...

How long does the RC1 remain active?? Wouldn't Microsoft shut it down before the release of Vista so people have to buy it? How does that work, exactly? I know they aren't just going to let people have this free download and lose their sales on Vista.

You should be able to use the RC1 until June 2007. The question is why would you keep it that long if Microsoft is gonna release the OS system. It's gonna have bugs, everyone knows that but patchs will be handed out with the windows update and by the time of the OS release I'm sure major problems will be sorted out. Vista is already faster way faster than XP and offers way more.

Vista is a major improvement! Don't listen to those saying to stick to XP. XP SP1 will not be supported soon and there's no telling howing SP2 will be supported, do to the fact they are releasing some many versions of Vista to upgrade to. All I can say is stay posted. The only reason I'm buying it when it comes out is because I'm able to put different OSs on my system. So, it won't be a pain if Vista's not up to par(which from this RC1 release, I see Vista almost in excellent condition).

Great Job, Microsoft! It's been a long wait, but it was worth it :)

#25 diegoarg

diegoarg

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hi people!

I need some key for this version RC1, i try this site: http://go.microsoft....k/?linkID=67708 but these place conduce me to another place and i don´t have any idea what to do? (somebody have the same problem?) can anyone send to me some valid key by MP?

Thanyou!!!

#26 wil1

wil1

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

For those who are running RC1...

Is Windows Vista RC1 good enough to run it as my main OS? I tried Windows Vista Beta 2 and there were a lot of problems with it, I had it on my other hard drive, but it didn't run smooth enough b/c of all the problems so I didn't use it very much.

#27 herbert7890

herbert7890

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

i say u can use it as main os, i had beta 2, and i had to uninstall cause it was so slow, but now, this rc1 is awesome, faster than xp, i recommend it to anyone

Edited by herbert7890, 07 September 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#28 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:45 PM

For those who are running RC1...

Is Windows Vista RC1 good enough to run it as my main OS? I tried Windows Vista Beta 2 and there were a lot of problems with it, I had it on my other hard drive, but it didn't run smooth enough b/c of all the problems so I didn't use it very much.

Some are running it as a main. For me, I can't right now do to intel's lack of internet connection with Vista. If this was fixed by intel I would run it as a main and still keep XP(Always best to have 2 Operating Systems in my opinion). All the software I use runs smoothly and faster on Vista. It's definitely a step up... I take that back.. It's a ride on the elevator up to the rooftop party :D :woot: :punk: :hug: :jump: :fun: :winmatrix:

Edited by yanike, 07 September 2006 - 09:49 PM.

#29 yoni5002

yoni5002

Active WinMatrixian

• 345 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:10 AM

Those that need an RC1 Key.... please PM... :whistle: :P

Windows Live Messenger: yoni5002@comcast.net

I'll hook you up! :devil:

#30 drumthrasher109

drumthrasher109

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

wait how are you guys getting keys? it says: 'If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks.' how the hell are yall getting keys and stuff?

#31 Siraka_Serion_Semi

Siraka_Serion_Semi

S3

• Global Moderator
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

drumthrasher109
People are using their beta 2 keys.

#32 herbert7890

herbert7890

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:09 PM

i added u to msn, man, to help me with a key :D, thnx

#33 herbert7890

herbert7890

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:11 PM

so many thanks yoni!!!! i really appreciated ur help with the key, i owe u one now

#34 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:14 AM

yup same i have been able to install aswell im using now :D

#35 zobi2

zobi2

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

about this download...i have a brand new acer laptop...is it safe...and why are they giving this for free?

#36 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

they are giving it out for people to try for free because they think it is safe enough for the public to use to test

#37 zobi2

zobi2

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

ok and what about the key...were do i get that from

#38 yoni5002

yoni5002

Active WinMatrixian

• 345 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:05 AM

so many thanks yoni!!!! i really appreciated ur help with the key, i owe u one now

You said you owe me one?? :huh: NO WAY!! YOU owe me a GENUINE one! :P

#39 herbert7890

herbert7890

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

hahahahah ur funny man :P

#40 zobi2

zobi2

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:24 AM

if i install this...what will happen to my XP?...will i be able to restore Drive C and D?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!