Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Internet Explorer 7 vs Firefox 2.0 in Vista

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Internet Explorer 7 vs Firefox 2.0 (109 member(s) have cast votes)

which browser will win?

1. Internet Explorer 7 (73 votes [33.80%])

Percentage of vote: 33.80%

2. Firefox 2.0 (143 votes [66.20%])

Percentage of vote: 66.20%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#21 Hemmer

Hemmer

The fire's on but nobodys home...

• 336 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

I'm a Firefox user but I think people will quit using Firefox after the release of IE7 final.

im not so sure. most firefox users i know (me inc.) would never swap back, just on principle if nothing else!!

#22 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

im not so sure. most firefox users i know (me inc.) would never swap back, just on principle if nothing else!!

DAMN straight

#23 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:15 AM

They both are good browsers and I use both at work and home. It is true it took a while to MS to release a new browser but they are already working on IE 8 and things are looking good. MS is just dominant that's all. I also have Linux and use Konqueror on that one. I think everything comes down to preferences...someone said that he/she would never have two browsers installed...well if you use a windows machine and install FX you will have two no matter what unless you live in Europe I guess. If you develope web pages I hopw you are not using two but at least four web browsers and have multiple OSs running. It is always good to check....I like the IE tab that FX uses because when I run FX from my pen drive I like to check my OWA and without the IE tab it does not look good and if you hate so much Microsoft buy a MAC or move to Linux and stop crying!! I love Linux when I have to do my security audits......

#24 Jesta

Jesta

New WinMatrixian

• 20 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

i prefer firefox but the IE is also good just installed it and must say it is MUCH better then IE 6

#25 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

they are already working on IE 8

Got a source for that?

#26 ProjectRAGE

ProjectRAGE

Doesn't sugar coat things.

• 188 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

http://www.spreadint...rer.com/node/45

lol..:)

#27 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

^

:lol:

That's great.

#28 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:04 PM

Thats so dumb.
Its fake.

#29 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

first thing that actually give it away for sure, is that IE's bookmark thing, is actually called favourites which is so stupid, because bookmarks are for websites you visit often, doesn't mean you love them.

#30 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:26 AM

first thing that actually give it away for sure, is that IE's bookmark thing, is actually called favourites which is so stupid, because bookmarks are for websites you visit often, doesn't mean you love them.

Nope! That was kinda stupid to say.

Favourite or favorite: Something regarded with special favour or liking

example: "that book is one of my favourites" or "that site is one of my favorites"

bookmark: A marker (a piece of paper or ribbon) placed between the pages of a book to mark the reader's place.

example: "I'm gonna leave a bookmark between pages 14 and 15." or "if you don't find what you want now remember to bookmark the page and return later."

Favourites or favorites fits the feature better in my opinion. Because you store a page you like. If you really wonna get smart with it, you should add routine sites to a favorites feature and bookmark newsletters and articles where you left off. That'll kinda be a cool way to stay organized.

:)

Edited by yanike, 28 August 2006 - 03:28 AM.

#31 Hemmer

Hemmer

The fire's on but nobodys home...

• 336 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

Posted Image

this one made me laugh... :lol:

#32 Siraka_Serion_Semi

Siraka_Serion_Semi

S3

• Global Moderator
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

I personally like Firefox better.

#33 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:20 PM

example: "that book is one of my favourites" or "that site is one of my favorites"

bookmark: A marker (a piece of paper or ribbon) placed between the pages of a book to mark the reader's place.

example: "I'm gonna leave a bookmark between pages 14 and 15." or "if you don't find what you want now remember to bookmark the page and return later."

Favourites or favorites fits the feature better in my opinion. Because you store a page you like. If you really wonna get smart with it, you should add routine sites to a favorites feature and bookmark newsletters and articles where you left off. That'll kinda be a cool way to stay organized.

Yes that is all true, but your wrong..

We all pay tax and insurance, and many of us are older than others and work. and we have to pay inland revinue tax every year in the UK. and the easyist way to do it is online, now rather than remembering the URL or having to search it. you would put it in your 'favorite' folder, BUT YOU DON'T LOVE GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY TO THE GOVERMENT DO YOU!!! point made. it's a folder for keeping web address that you visit often, and you don't wish to remember the URL, doesn't mean you like them ;)

#34 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

Firefox 2.0 :punk:

#35 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

Yes that is all true, but your wrong..

We all pay tax and insurance, and many of us are older than others and work. and we have to pay inland revinue tax every year in the UK. and the easyist way to do it is online, now rather than remembering the URL or having to search it. you would put it in your 'favorite' folder, BUT YOU DON'T LOVE GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY TO THE GOVERMENT DO YOU!!! point made. it's a folder for keeping web address that you visit often, and you don't wish to remember the URL, doesn't mean you like them ;)

Ok no one cares about the names. I mean if you take it that way, what would it make Vista? A wonderful sight. OS X? What? Don't even get me started on Apple, or Firefox.

#36 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

Man ur mental. Vista and OSX arn't comparable as names. Vista And Leopard, or XP and Tigar are. OSX is just a name for version 10..... of the operating system.

#37 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

Man ur mental. Vista and OSX arn't comparable as names. Vista And Leopard, or XP and Tigar are. OSX is just a name for version 10..... of the operating system.

Dude calm down. I was just setting an example. Fine. I'll do what you ask me. Tiger and Leopard? Nothing to do with computers. At least OSX does. Mac OSX= Macintosh Operating System 10. Ok? So calm... no need to get angry. :angry:

#38 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

haha only joking around man, i ain't really bothered at all.

#39 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:25 AM

:lol:

Endrit, that was stupid to say FF had more security issues. Your all anti-Mac and everything, except genuine Windows material.

#40 mohitparkash

mohitparkash

New WinMatrixian

• 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

Firefox works great man

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!