Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Internet Explorer 7 vs Firefox 2.0 in Vista

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Internet Explorer 7 vs Firefox 2.0 (109 member(s) have cast votes)

which browser will win?

1. Internet Explorer 7 (73 votes [33.80%])

Percentage of vote: 33.80%

2. Firefox 2.0 (143 votes [66.20%])

Percentage of vote: 66.20%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#1 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

So which is the best browser? Come the end of the year, when both of these should be available, which should you plump for? In this article both Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2.0 have been examined and the conclusion has been drived.
Both the new browsers have been tested on the latest beta of Windows Vista.

Update: Firefox 2.0 vs. IE7 in Vista @ BetaNews

Internet Explorer 7 vs Firefox 2:
Interface
Tabs
Search
Security
Extra FF
Extra IE

So what do you think, which browser will win?

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

man, i can't belive i'm saying this but IE 7 interface looks alot lighter than firefox's interface...IE7 looks better...( i can't belive i siad that!)

but i think firefox will win. IE form version 3 till today still has security issues while not many people target FF. What's more, FF has more functionality and it's less bulky. IE runs damn slow.

Edited by comedy_guy, 24 August 2006 - 03:29 PM.

#3 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

I know I'm probably not going to use IE7, but I have to say it looks and feels a lot more convenient when using it. Maybe I'll use both browsers but I have to give a high five to Microsoft.

#4 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

I've never liked any Mozilla Browser including Firefox and I don't use Internet Explorer unless I have to. Opera is the best browser ....

#5 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

ie7 for me i dont like firefox i dont like having 2 browsers installed

#6 airmorz

airmorz

WinMatrixian

• 68 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

I use three IE7 for school, Bon Echo Beta 2 for normal entertainment browsing, and opera as a back up browser

#7 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

According to the site IE7 will win which is obvious but I'll still stick to Firefox 2.

#8 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

Wow IE 7 looks pretty good.
But I would stick to Firefox, because of the customization features it can offer. Overall, I would pick Opera browser more than these two.

#9 Sumint620

Sumint620

New WinMatrixian

• 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:21 PM

i picked firefox. always have always will. just better IMO. however, i really don't like the 'a la safari' close tabs buttons. i love how FF 1.5 is on the right side on the tab bar. perfect where it is. but oh well

#10 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

IE7 RC1 for me, loads of bug fixed in it.

Its already better than any firefox version.

I dont want a Browser that needs Plugins to run faster.

Besides IE is the fastest i can get.

#11 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

I'm gonna make that decision in a minute. I hop they fixed the security issues that gave me problems a few days back. If they did then I'm gonna role with Microsoft. I also give the 2 high fives :)

#12 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

Nice fixes :) So far no issues on the sites i used to have problems with.
Now I have to give it a week to see how the security is.

Great job MS!

Also, here's a question for everyone. Where are the Firefox 2 betas and RCs? At least MS is fixing and releasing better builds.

Edited by yanike, 25 August 2006 - 01:41 AM.

#13 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:13 AM

I like browsing thru' FireFox.... as still IE has not release (or come out of beta) to show it's 'power'..... i believe on final releases with their set of features.... so let's wait for the respective final release to see the real 'fight' :)

#14 zahmad

zahmad

zahmad

• 383 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:45 AM

Firefox........the greatest thing invented for the Internet :D!

#15 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:55 AM

FireFox is used more than IE, thus FF has more security issues

#16 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

Also, here's a question for everyone. Where are the Firefox 2 betas and RCs? At least MS is fixing and releasing better builds.

Hmmm, how long has it taken Microsoft to Release IE7? from IE6? come it, to fecking long, IE6 Seriously sucks, yeah it's old but that is no excuse.

FireFox is used more than IE, thus FF has more security issues

WHAT! how did you come up with that?

For me browsing is all about standards compliancy, the best engines out at the momeny is the gecko one followed by the Webkit one. so it's gotta be Firefox is the best browser at the momement, not oly cos it is a sweet browser, but you can fully custmozie it, theres add ons, and a GREAT community. which microsoft doesn't really have as most of it's users are n00bs :P

Second best web browser for me is Shiira

#17 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

Hmmm, how long has it taken Microsoft to Release IE7? from IE6? come it, to fecking long, IE6 Seriously sucks, yeah it's old but that is no excuse.

OK! Why are you still on about IE6. I'm very sure everyone has got IE7 now. It functions way better than IE6 and is more secure. Plus! I don't care about the past. I'm talking about here and now. Firefox 1.5.0.6 is great, but I want to see 2.0 in action. From what testers were posting on 2.0 betas, they were saying it's slow and worse than 1.5. I'm ignoring the slow part because betas are usually slow, but I'd like to see what it's bring to the table.

#18 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

OK! Why are you still on about IE6. I'm very sure everyone has got IE7 now. It functions way better than IE6 and is more secure. Plus! I don't care about the past. I'm talking about here and now. Firefox 1.5.0.6 is great, but I want to see 2.0 in action. From what testers were posting on 2.0 betas, they were saying it's slow and worse than 1.5. I'm ignoring the slow part because betas are usually slow, but I'd like to see what it's bring to the table.

What i was saying, was that microsoft took there time ( a very long time) to update (which still hasn't been emplyed) an outdated buggy browser, and the mozilla team has been rolling out updates and patchs for Firefox, that's all my point was.

#19 ProjectRAGE

ProjectRAGE

Doesn't sugar coat things.

• 188 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

Still more IE users then Fx, so dont know wher that info comes from but I personally like IE7, Its security just isnt there but Ill still use it more then Fx..only thing that makes me use Fx is the adblock anyways..

#20 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

I'm a Firefox user but I think people will quit using Firefox after the release of IE7 final.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!