• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:33 AM

Hello there,
I am interested in buying a new computer. Is the Windows Media Edition worth the money, and also you can do all the regular stuff on it that you can do on a normal windows right? Is the dou chip stuff worth it or is pentium d still the line? Also one big question which is betetr amd or intel?

Thanks for ur help

#2 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

Ok,

1. Wait a bit until Vista is out is is shipping on pcs.
2. Windows Vista Ultimate is all Windows in 1(Pro, Home, Media etc)
3. Intel... or a AMD, but your gonna have to pay alot
4. Pentium D is Duo

#3 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Er windows vista ultimate is for like hard-core gamers and developers, i would suggest Windows Vista Home Premium which will be like the media centre edition, but you can talk about pro and home edition with vista because it has all changed.

#4 hugo

hugo

Proud to be Dutch!

• 468 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

Pentium D is a little different than Pentium Duo. Most Duo's are newer but slower clockspeeds. But they both are dual-core.
Windows MCE is just windows xp pro, with an extra multimedia aplication. But if u can, wait and get a vista PC. Vista Ultimate is nice but will be expencive.
I like Intel over AMD. This is because my old PC has an AMD and i never liked it. The intel pentium D is a real nice proccesor but remeber: Dual core means a lot of heat. The boxed cooler make's a lot of noice. So if u want it to be a media center u can think of buying a Zalman aircooler or mayde even watercooling. Water-cooling is not that expencive anymore but if u move your pc a lot (to LAN-party's) dont' take a cheap one!!!! they can leak! I have a cheap one, but never move my pc. Than its great and no noice at all. good luck.

#5 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

hugo thx a lot man i did not know that if i play for example battlefield 2 for maybe 5 hours lets say after that i have 2 shut it down because maybe it will overheat?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!