Overclocking my cpu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas - Dosanjh

Thomas - Dosanjh

Hope Runs Deep

• 225 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Do you guys no how to overclock a cpu i wanna do mines becos it would give me a little bit of a performance boost i have an inspiron 1200 1.4ghz do u guys no how its done?

#2 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

Do you know how to use Google?

:no:

http://www.pcstats.c...?articleID=1804
*Click*

#3 Green4

Green4

New WinMatrixian

• 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

I dont recomened doign it yourself (If done wrong even slightly your Pc will be screwed)

#4 InfinitySquared

InfinitySquared

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:36 AM

what do you mean by overclocking your pc? :)

#5 hugo

hugo

Proud to be Dutch!

• 468 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:53 PM

More Mhz doesn't mean a faster pc. U need to work your CPU, RAM, motherboard cihipset and GPU if u wanna see real progress. Its a whole lot of work and only a little noticable change!!
Remember you need to cool it a lot more (more noice) if u gonna do it. You need to cool not onley the CPU more but the whole chipset and GPU!! I stronley requment Zallman aircooling (because for the price of a good watercooling for overclocked hardware u can buy faster hardware and use your old coolers)

Personaly i dont think its word the trobble. The system becomes instable, noisy and hot (in temp and not in looks!)

Edited by hugo, 31 July 2006 - 04:56 PM.

#6 tominorlando

tominorlando

Active WinMatrixian

• 396 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

You would have to overclock from the BIOS if your motherboard came with an overclocking feature. But overclocking a laptop is never a good idea because of the thermal (heat) issues. So it's not likely that your BIOS even has an overclocking feature. So the answer is yes, I do know how to overclock a PC, just not yours.

#7 yoni5002

yoni5002

Active WinMatrixian

• 345 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Do you guys no how to overclock a cpu i wanna do mines becos it would give me a little bit of a performance boost i have an inspiron 1200 1.4ghz do u guys no how its done?

Why don't you oveclock your whole PC with a new 3.4GHz and D945PSN motherboard for 290.00 Bucks... I think it is faster and safer... :whistle:

#8 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:18 AM

my personal advice is ..... better not to overclock.... by doing overclocking UR CPU..... u will end up with either success or fail.... if it is success then welll good and cool... on the other hand if u fail... there is no other choice... u have to spend for a new piece... think... think... think.... whether it's affordable and really necessary... then proceed accordingly.....

cheers...

Note: yes, i have heard both successful and failure cases in overclocking, the percentage of failure leads (in longer run of the usage...) :) so, the ball is in ur court... decision is urs

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!