Photo
- - - - -

Maxthon 2 FTW!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

Here's a preview of the lastest Maxthon 2 Invited Preview 2.0.0.4353
This browser is incredible :) Some users who like the Firefox inline find
will also be able to use it on this browser and you have the option to make it floatable and move it where ever you want. Also the same with the tabs from top to bottom :)
Posted Image

#22 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

Gaz,
It uses whatever engine you have installed on the PC. Maxthon 2.0 will definitely use the IE7 engine.

IE6 engine doesn't suck at all. I've been using Maxthon for a long time now and got nothing. Maxthon's security is superb! I guarantee when you try it you won't look back.

Everyone is gonna say don't use IE because of virus and everything else. You won't catch 'em if you have a good FIREWALL for one thing and a nice browser like Maxthon to block unwanted Ads, Scripts and whatever you want blocked. The only reason IE is downed so much is because majority of the hackers attack it. If they concentrated on Firefox, Opera and other browser as much as they did IE, those browsers will have the same problem.

Maxthon web browser make browsing with IE as secure as the others and better because it has pluggins(Which I've also created tons for) and has no problem with loading sites correctly because it uses the IE engine.

IE6 engine is awful, thats the reason why IE is so god damn bad, why do you think hackers hack for it, cos its easy to hack. why else. and it can't display CSS correctly at all, Microsoft looked at it this way, they are the market leaders, so they don't need to be as good as other browsers, so they took the layed back approach and made a half decent web browser which was going somewhere when it was made, but once released it wasn't so good. and the reason i promote other browsers over it is because the damn thing can't cohere to web standards, maybe you say that websites you code look fine in it, and the reason is because you can't code correctly :P

#23 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

lol I code correctly! So, don't even go there. My sites look correct on IE, Firefox and Opera. So don't sass me in your comments. I haven't had any problems with the sites I go to in IE(I checkout alot of sites a day and have no problem). Try going to alot of sites with Firefox and Opera and see how they show up. Some out of place and some require you to use IE.

Please list a couple of sites that look wrong in IE so I can check 'em out.

#24 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

If you are interested in beta testing the new browser. Send me a private message and I'll send you an invite. I'm only give 2-3 out so act quickly. Please, only ask if you are gonna really beta test and send feedback thanks :)

#25 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

odeon.co.uk used to be impossible to surf in any other browser except IE, but they changed there ways.
you may think you are coding correctly, but if your site works in IE and not FF then you are doing something very wrong.

have u ever used a css hack? why do you think your using that? yeah cos something you done correctly doesn't work in IE so you used it.

#26 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

lol! This browser runs off IE. If this browser shows it right then IE will.
Also that sight you gave me loads fine in IE and Maxthon.
Some people mess up IE by messing with some of the settings they shouldn't touch.
Make sure you haven't disabled some of the add-ons you shouldn't have disabled.

Edited by yanike, 08 July 2006 - 11:40 PM.

#27 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:26 AM

lol! This browser runs off IE. If this browser shows it right then IE will.
Also that sight you gave me loads fine in IE and Maxthon.
Some people mess up IE by messing with some of the settings they shouldn't touch.
Make sure you haven't disabled some of the add-ons you shouldn't have disabled.

hahaha your a joker, you should re-read what you just said.

Trust me mate, i know what i'm talking about here, i work with this stuff 24/7

#28 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

So do I Gaz so do I. Anyways, this is going nowhere with you like always. later

#29 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

well you obviously don't know what your talking about.
like someone else said here, everytime a new browser is out, your there praising it. i'm not saying firefox is the best or anything, each browser has its strong points, and each it's weakness's. and the IE engine along with the browser has got more weakness's than strong points, end off.

#30 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:30 AM

OK! Let's get one thing straight here. I'm not praising any browser. Lots of people use different browsers. I'm just letting people know of the updates and new releases just incase they want to try 'em or was thinking about using 'em.

The only browser I've been using is MSN 9 which is one of the best services I've paid $9 for.

For a backup I use Maxthon which I rarely jump to useless I have to checkout modeling photos.

Firefox is great browser, but Mozilla from day one has been releasing buggy browsers. Firefox is the best thing that's came from them no doubt.

To give you a heads up I'm gonna be checking out Avant 11 soon when Anderson is finished developing it and I'm gonna give a update when I test it.

The only browser and service I don't recommend is AOL's. It's full of spyware and not worth the price. If you use AOL, try MSN out and you won't be mad you did. If you want high speed, you can get it with verizon. Plus! MSN and Yahoo! will be joining Messenger service which will be excellent so I both user can see eachother online and chat with one another using their preferred Messenger. Also, if you like the new yahoo! beta, it kinda steals from MSN Premium which been out for awhile now. Plus! MSN's is way faster and easier to use without ads :)

If you are worried about losing your AOL email account, you won't. AOL automatically changes it to AIM web mail so you can still check it from AOL.com.

Edited by yanike, 10 July 2006 - 12:40 AM.

#31 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

i ain't saying what your doing is bad, i was just saying the some of teh stuff u said wasn't correct. like the ie6 enging being good.

#32 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

Gaz,
Lots of people use the IE Engine without getting problems most people get. If you have a firewall then you'll be ok using any engine.

So please learn more about things before speaking. I've been using the IE engine forever and been fine. The only time I catch something is when I shut down my firewall and forget to turn it on after installing stuff.

OK now that is resolved back to posting about Maxthon.

#33 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

ok mate you really don't know what im talking about, i'm not saying its bugy as in virus's and stuff, i'm talking about what it does with html and css... really mate, try and understand my point of view before telling my to learn more about a subject which i know a hell of a lot about as it is..

a firewall has got nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

#34 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

Gaz,
OK. if you feel Firefox runs it better than use firefox. I don't want to start a flame with you. IE can run css right if the site designer codes it right. Sometimes you can code something in IE and Firefox won't pick it up right. Usually the best way to do it is to use PHP to detect the browser and have a current script for each one.

Users reading this not knowing what CSS is, go here
http://www.w3schools...ss_examples.asp

#35 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:42 PM

OMG i am going to pull my hair out.. you really don't know what your talking about!

i'm just not going to bother to correct you, as you can't accept being wrong.

Edited by Gaz545, 17 July 2006 - 05:42 PM.

#36 Siraka_Serion_Semi

Siraka_Serion_Semi

S3

• Global Moderator
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

Now the time is gone when we needed to say that don't use IE because now everybody is aware of the fact :sleep:
But I like Maxthon because of it's features.

#37 nanfeng

nanfeng

New WinMatrixian

• 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:22 AM

Maxthon is pretty and neat,I've ever used it once,but now I am using K-Meleon browser!It's very fast

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!