Web Browser Top 8!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:52 PM

it doesn't show webpages correctly <_< since when.

If it doesn't show the webpage correctly, then maybe ameture web designers should stop using Frontpage and start learning how to code in HTML and CSS correctly!

Odeon is the perfect example of POOR coding!

Firefox's plugins recently have improved alot and makes firefox work on all sites.

what is this, for some internet you've been framed?
stop talking rubbish!

#22 Automatum

Automatum

Authentic, Energetic, Reflective & Open

• 590 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:22 AM

For me the best browser is Firefox: themes, extensions, fast, pop-up blocker :punk:. I still haven't used IE7 since I'm using SP1 :P .

#23 KorperArts

KorperArts

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:02 AM

The topic starter has a very 1 sided view. No poll data, or any other evidence rather than his own opinion to back up his claims! Next time be objective, show data and no personal opinions!

Firefox is the best btw! LOL

#24 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

KorperArts research before you shoot off!

Go to g4tv.com and read my forum there.

I go off my testings and other top pc sites.

btw get off firefox's balls

#25 Integrated System

Integrated System

What?

• 1,820 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

Firefox or Opera only!

#26 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:48 PM

btw get off firefox's balls

oh so firefox's balls is it.
what web browser do you use? real player browser?

whats wrong with firefox? come one tell us what's so bad with it? lets here it from the horses mouth!

#27 Dagonet'

Dagonet'

Active WinMatrixian

• 584 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

I've been using Netcaptor Pro for years...I think 2000 I started using it..It continues to let me know when upgrades are available, it has a great tab system, it was actually the first browser to come out with tabs..

It's security is great, and it's a fast reliable browser with some neat toys and features added. I've tried all the others, I'll stick with my net cap..

I paid once for it and own it and all the upgrades for life..

It's a personal preference... http://www.netcaptor.com/?

#28 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

Nothing bad is wrong with Firefox, but it's overrated like hell! People use whatever is pushed the most. Firefox is not the best browser out there. It doesn't support ActiveX, flash and some HTML code well.

Some of y'all people dog IE, but if Firefox was so much better than IE, why does some of it's best plugins support IE. Like IEtab and their latest project Foxie(getfoxie.com). Maxthon is the best browser out there. Go to the main website http://www.maxthon.com Look at all the awards and research around to see it's ratings.

Firefox is a great browser, but some people make it seem like it's the best when it's not. If your browser needs a sh*t load of plugins to work, then it can't be ranked #1.

Gaz,
Like I said in the Real Player post. Try this for fun! So get off Korper's nutts.

Edited by yanike, 10 April 2006 - 06:44 PM.

#29 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

First off. Firefox works fine with all its pluggins, the reason i and i'm sure others use the plugins is to make the browser faster, and by that i mean more control over tabbing and tools which i could live without. things like html validator, and then the web developer toolbar.

How can maxthon be the best browser out there if its using the IE engine? and it's taken on some anoyances from IE.
Note how firefox use's bookmarks.. but IE calls them favourites, bookmarks are used to store websites which you view often, this doesn't mean i like them, so why would i want to put them in my favorites? a good example is the tax retunr website.. many off us do this online, but it is not one of my favs!

one of the reasons why firefox doesn't use activeX is security.

the reason why there are plugins like IE tab, is because microsoft don't yet you view there website's unless you are using a browser that uses there engine.

I'm not impressed by maxthon at all. its using the IE engine for starts, that means all the problems that IE has with rending websites correctly, maxthon will also have!

#30 pfaf

pfaf

Kickin' It Since 1986

• 314 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

come on, is it really necessary to be so defensive over which browser you think is the best?

#31 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

Look, I'm done with this post!

Make your own Firefox this and Firefox that post!

This issue wouldn't have started if I rated Firefox #1. I'm not going to do that because of what I've personally tested and other top computer companies have stated.

People downloaded what you want. Maxthon is a great browser with extra plugins and security built-in with IE engine. Firefox is a great browser with extra plugins and security with Mozilla engine.

Edited by yanike, 10 April 2006 - 08:52 PM.

#32 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

look.. your not listing 2 what im saying. i'm not saying it should be at the top.
people have there own opionions on whats the best etc.. and i know that..

I'm saying that what you said was wrong, you said that mozilla firefox doesn't work without the pluggins, and it works fine without them! thats what im stating ok!

#33 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Who cares what browsers the best just use the one YOU think is the best
Its only a web browser!!

#34 eternaL_

eternaL_

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:32 AM

i havent used IE7 yet, but i hope its better than Firefox, if its better then ill use that

#35 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

Thread moved here in the software forum.

#36 ProjectRAGE

ProjectRAGE

Doesn't sugar coat things.

• 188 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:21 PM

Opera 9, runs better than Firefox, I still use Fx tho freaqently

#37 Terry R. Solid

Terry R. Solid

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:00 AM

Nothing bad is wrong with Firefox, but it's overrated like hell! People use whatever is pushed the most. Firefox is not the best browser out there. It doesn't support ActiveX, flash and some HTML code well.

I wish you would do some research before shooting your mouth off.

1. Firefox supports flash, the same way as IE or your glazed IE "Maxthon".

2. "some html code" firefox supports all standard HTML. What it doesnt support is proprietary tags introduced into HTML by Microsoft to make IE's features better.

BTW, I'd also like to show you to an excellent post on Maxthon I read on AusGamers, really sums it up well...

Post by eXemplar @ 10:19am
Maxthon is a piece of s*it, you're better off getting ietab, then you can run firefox and ie tabs in one browser.

#38 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

I wish you would do some research before shooting your mouth off.

1. Firefox supports flash, the same way as IE or your glazed IE "Maxthon".

2. "some html code" firefox supports all standard HTML. What it doesnt support is proprietary tags introduced into HTML by Microsoft to make IE's features better.

BTW, I'd also like to show you to an excellent post on Maxthon I read on AusGamers, really sums it up well...

Post by eXemplar @ 10:19am
Maxthon is a piece of s*it, you're better off getting ietab, then you can run firefox and ie tabs in one browser.

Firefox now supports flash well now that the developers are making sites compatible with it. Before some of my favorite sites look crazy with firefox and now they look great. Some people don't develop sites to Firefox and it's makes browsing with the Fox terrible.

Firefox doesn't support all html code so don't say that. Maybe majority but not all. I've seen some sites look horrible do to the code problem. In IE it looks great but with Firefox and Opera terrible.

I'm not gonna lie I use firefox more now that I've been trying IE7. Firefox is not a bad browser like I said before but it doesn't support some sites that depend on IE more than anyother alternative browser.

#39 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

as a web designer, i can tell you that firefox supports (x)html better than any other main stream browser.
please tell me what html tags it doesn't support?
and the reason why website's look rubbish in firefox, is because the designer is not coding correctly. validate your code, and only use tables for tabular data and not structure, and website's look like they should in firefox.

#40 Bragg

Bragg

New WinMatrixian

• 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:27 PM

I use both firefox and opera 9 and they are tyhe best ones out there in my opinion for surfing the net

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!