26 replies to this topic

#21 shamey

shamey

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

[quote name='PenaltyKillah' date='Jan 27 2007, 06:50 PM' post='124364']
A direct solution is to get a friend's computer which was bought during 2002-2004, back when WMP9 was released but not WMP10. Even if that friend has upgraded his WMP to 10 or 11, it is still ok. The C:>Program Files>Windows Media Player folder would have a DLL called wmpvis.dll (NOT mpvis.dll) and copy that file to your own WMP folder.

Or you can just download wmpvis.dll [url="http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/W/wmpvis.dll/8.00.00.44776/download.html"]here[/url]. X Hi I have tried all that is posted here, wmpvis dll in my wmp folser not in resvr 32 , looked in system 32 file not there. Can anyone help me to get musical colors vis or is it impossible with wmp 11. <_<

#22 PenaltyKillah

PenaltyKillah

Allergic to your bull.

• 604 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

... ... ...
... download wmpvis.dll here: http://www.dlldump.c...6/download.html

And place it in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.

#23 shamey

shamey

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

... ... ...
... download wmpvis.dll here: http://www.dlldump.c...6/download.html

And place it in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.

Thank you for your reply but I did put this file in my media folder just like you said but it does not show up in my visualizations,its like the os will not let it work , I have tried everything posted here even that path thing said no file could be found. Now what can I do,or is this file dead one that ms wont let us use.

#24 SisEx

SisEx

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:42 AM

Well, here we go again... :P

- First, you need WMPVIS.DLL, if you don't have it, get the file from here.

- Then copy it to your Windows Media Player folder (ex: C:\Program files\Windows Media Player).

- Close Windows Media Player.

- Press [WinLogo key]+R and in the Run dialog box write:

regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Windows Media Player\wmpvis.dll"

(Obviously you must change the path to the right one ;) ).

- Done! :D Now open Windows Media Player, select Musical Colors Vis and you will see it working again! :yes:

Note: I have Windows Media Player 11 and now it works in Vista too!

I hope it will be useful to you. Enjoy!

Edited by SisEx, 21 March 2007 - 02:57 AM.

#25 candycane0862

candycane0862

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:10 AM

HI

Just wanted to say thanks so very much, I finally have musical colors
Visualization back again and it works great. Thanks again!

#26 Caesar

Caesar

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

I have WMP 11 installed. I followed the instructions to get the Musical Colors visualizations back and it worked, but now I want to know if there's a way to get the visualizations back from WMP 10, like Plenoptic, Particle, Ambience, Spikes, etc. I don't remember if my computer had them with WMP 10, but they sure didn't have them after I upgraded to version 11. Rolling back to version 10 brings back, I think one or two of the categories, but it wipes out the whole Battery collection. I tried a similar procedure as with the Musical Colors to try to bring them back, but it doesn't seem to work. I copied in the mpvis.dll file for version 10 and did the regsvr32 command, but to no avail. Has anyone tried this?

#27 encryp

encryp

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

hi
if your using the roll back wmp 10 you have to reinstall it first then get it at
as PenaltyKillah said
http://www.dlldump.c...6/download.html

as sis said
- First, you need WMPVIS.DLL, if you don't have it, get the file from here.

- Then copy it to your Windows Media Player folder (ex: C:\Program files\Windows Media Player).

- Close Windows Media Player.

- Press [WinLogo key]+R and in the Run dialog box write:

regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Windows Media Player\wmpvis.dll"

(Obviously you must change the path to the right one wink.gif ).

- Done! biggrin.gif Now open Windows Media Player, select Musical Colors Vis and you will see it working again! yes.gif

i couldnt get it to register until it was reinstalled otherwise it will not read it

peace

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!