Musical Colors Visualization

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:45 AM

Does anyone know where i might find and be able to download the Musical Colors Vis from WMP9? I've searched all of microsoft.com and WMPlugins.com with no results. Didn't even find anything on Google. :(

Thanks, Frylock.

#2 SEIKO

SEIKO

GSharp

• 818 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

Click Here

btw, search google next time
:)

#3 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:06 AM

Um, I've been to that page. I did'nt find the Musical Colors Viz listed there, thats just the fun-pack addon.

Edited by Frylock86, 12 November 2005 - 06:09 AM.

#4 Bogo

Bogo

Bogdan

• 651 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

if you have wmp10, just go to options > plugins > visualization > add; locate your wmp folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player") and select mpvis.dll... worked for me :D

#5 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

HEY! WOW! :D Thanks for the tip! :woot:

#6 Beethoven

Beethoven

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

Well, I tried that with WMP10 and it didn't work. I also haven't been able to find Musical Colors anwhere for download.

#7 Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

~ The Icon Collector ~

• 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the tip Bogo :-)

EDIT: Ooops! I already had it :P

Edited by Shrantellatessa, 18 February 2006 - 02:24 PM.

#8 PenaltyKillah

PenaltyKillah

Allergic to your bull.

• 604 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:18 PM

Here's the message from the big M$...

yeah, get wmpvis.dll for the Musical Colors vis. See if I can upload it.

#9 57kvX4-H_3

57kvX4-H_3

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:02 AM

Those two packages for WMP 9 don't install well if you try em under WMP 10 (I was trying to get the visualizations out of em), even if you extract the exes and take the two dlls for the visualizations mpvis3d.dll and Pack Alcehmy 3d.dll or something like that, seems the visualizations are simply not compatible with WMP 10
Can't help you on the music colors vs's, cause I've been searching for em for a while too...

Sorry couldn't help much
:(

#10 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:59 AM

WMP11's worse. you can't add plugins on your own! And yes, add mpvis.dll. But for me, i only have mpvis3D.dll. and i still have musical colours. Don't ask me why. =P

#11 SisEx

SisEx

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:45 AM

Try this:

- Close Windows Media Player.

-Press [WinLogo key]+R and write:

regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Windows Media Player\wmpvis.dll"

(Obviously you must change the path to the right one ;) )

- Done! :D Now open Windows Media Player, you will see Musical Colors Vis working! :yes:

Note: I have Windows Media Player 11

#12 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:23 AM

that's cool.. it's working for me..... i too have WMP11 :)

#13 99scollings

99scollings

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

Try this:

- Close Windows Media Player.

-Press [WinLogo key]+R and write:

regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Windows Media Player\wmpvis.dll"

(Obviously you must change the path to the right one ;) )

- Done! :D Now open Windows Media Player, you will see Musical Colors Vis working! :yes:

Note: I have Windows Media Player 11

I tried this and the following dialogue box comes up:

Posted Image

Then I go back into WMP and it looks like this:

Posted Image

i.e. No musical colours! :( Does the computer need restarting for it to work?? :huh:

#14 Beethoven

Beethoven

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:01 AM

It's working for me. 99scollings, you may need to search for the file online, download it, and make sure that it's actually in your WMP folder. That may or may not be the problem, but it'd be my guess. I didn't need to restart my computer.

#15 99scollings

99scollings

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

It's working for me. 99scollings, you may need to search for the file online, download it, and make sure that it's actually in your WMP folder. That may or may not be the problem, but it'd be my guess. I didn't need to restart my computer.

Yeah, it's there now XD thanks! I think after a certain version (8 I think? :huh: ) they stopped including this visualization with WMP, which was pretty stupid seeing as IMO it's probably the best of the lot! Once again, thankyou muchly! :D

Soraya.

#16 teentitan2k2

teentitan2k2

Yes, thats really me

• 339 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

By the way, from M$ visualization downloads, Windows Media Player 10 Energy Bliss is awesome, and looks great on Windows Media Player 11 too :woot:

#17 squirrelyTONKS

squirrelyTONKS

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:13 AM

holy wow... hoohary! it works!!!... i have been looking for that for i don't know how long. i finally tried a last attempt on google and found this page and now my WMP is in full soft-firey glory.... so thank ye muchlies

-- squirrelyTONKS

#18 ihmsawtd

ihmsawtd

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

I had Windows Media Player 11, didn't like it and rolled back to WMP 10. I was shocked to find that my favorite visualizations, the Battery collection, were missing after rolling back. Does anyone know why that is? I think I read somewhere that one of the Battery visualizations, strawberryaid, was updated for WMP 11 so maybe they scrapped the WMP 10 version of Battery and I'm out of luck. All I'm left with is the stupid randomization in the Battery collection when I really want all the others back like strawberryaid, spider's last moment, etc. Can anyone help me?

#19 PenaltyKillah

PenaltyKillah

Allergic to your bull.

• 604 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

A direct solution is to get a friend's computer which was bought during 2002-2004, back when WMP9 was released but not WMP10. Even if that friend has upgraded his WMP to 10 or 11, it is still ok. The C:>Program Files>Windows Media Player folder would have a DLL called wmpvis.dll (NOT mpvis.dll) and copy that file to your own WMP folder.

Or you can just download wmpvis.dll here. XD

Edited by PenaltyKillah, 27 January 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#20 candycane0862

candycane0862

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get the Musical Colors Visualization added to my media player, I followed the steps already posted here but could not get it on my player. I've just completely upgraded my 5yr old Computer and also installed a much newer full version of Windows Xp Home. I tried rolling back the driver
to media player 9 thinking it would add the Musical Colors Visualization, but it still has the same ones that media player 11 had. I really love the Musical Colors and don't know why they got rid of it. The ones they have now are too dull looking and not very colorful at all!

:(

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!