Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 wratho

wratho

Dehumanized One

• 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:35 PM

Vista is a Spanish word meaning "sight" or "view"  :)

Spanish and italian actually :)

portuguese tho

#62 slp44

slp44

WinMatrixian

• 182 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

will the windows vista beta version (stated on the website) be up for download or will it be only proviede to certain people?

#63 Caleb

Caleb

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,672 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

Then more people found out about Macs and the applications you can run on them. They only good one imo is Adium which has basically been ported to Windows with Miranda.

You crack me up. It almost is Adium. And yes, I have Adium installed.

Mr. Dark, do you own a Mac computer?
I do and I know extremly well what I am talking about.

Everyone says that they buy Macs for their style. Then then find out that the can`t play games or run their favorite applications on Windows.

I use Macs for one thing, well two but the second thing doesn`t really matter.

Microsoft is better because they are more successful and it is true!
Only some public schools and enterprises used Macs until the iPod came out and it increased their sales by a longshot. Then more people found out about Macs and the applications you can run on them. They only good one imo is Adium which has basically been ported to Windows with Miranda. Microsoft has been this way for years and will be.

If you are reffering to me (Darth Facehead) then yes, I do have a Mac. I have two questions for you: One, how can you own a Mac and not like it? Maybe you have an old one and have not used Mac OS X. And two, I see you have restated your opinion about being more successful = better quality products, but you have not said why you think this.

About the schools, they tend to use whatever computers they can get good deals on.

Yes I do own a Mac and I bet you just use it for its style...correct?

I use Macs for musical composition and documentation only.

Also we need to stop the Astal la Vista jokes, they are boring, not true, and stupid.

Edited by aekiov, 26 July 2005 - 08:20 PM.

#64 Darth Facehead

Darth Facehead

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:42 PM

Also we need to stop the Astal la Vista jokes, they are boring, not true, and stupid.
slp44  Posted on Jul 26 2005, 07:25 PM

No, I actually use a Mac for many things, but mostly for video editing, which is almost impossible on my Dell PC.

#65 ciem

ciem

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

i'm actually only aware of acronym of VISTA (Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Troyans, Adware) =/

but i think it wouldn't be so bad... :]

#66 Caleb

Caleb

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,672 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

slp44  Posted on Jul 26 2005, 07:25 PM

No, I actually use a Mac for many things, but mostly for video editing, which is almost impossible on my Dell PC.

There are many video editing programs and if you blame Windows for going slow and Mac for going fast (which you have not I am just stating) then I suggest you check your specs and stuff like that.

I like quoting things.

#67 Darth Facehead

Darth Facehead

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Yes I know there are many video editing programs for Windows, but for example, the video editor you get free with Macs (iMovie) beats Windows Movie Maker in every way. And for professional editing, Final Cut Pro really is better than anything you can get for Windows.

About the speeds, my 1.25 Ghz Mac mini goes WAY faster than my 2 Ghz Dell. And it's sad because my Dell has 768mb RAM and my Mac only has 512.

Edited by Darth Facehead, 31 July 2005 - 10:45 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!