• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:02 AM

Thx man! :)

I think Apple should name their next next OS, Lynx.

Mac OS X 10.6 : Lynx. Get all girls on to it :lol: :lol: Ah yea.. :P

#22 Darth Facehead

Darth Facehead

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:24 AM

Apple isn`t any better. They name their operating systems off of retarded animals and you just don`t like Microsoft. Microsoft is better, and much more succesful than Mr. $teve.

Being more successful doesn't make Microsoft better! Apple may not be much at selling their products, but they focus on what's important, making a computer that ACTUALLY WORKS! Vista's new features are what Apple already had in Panther, 4 years ago!

#23 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:03 AM

Apple isn`t any better. They name their operating systems off of retarded animals and you just don`t like Microsoft. Microsoft is better, and much more succesful than Mr. $teve.

Being more successful doesn't make Microsoft better! Apple may not be much at selling their products, but they focus on what's important, making a computer that ACTUALLY WORKS! Vista's new features are what Apple already had in Panther, 4 years ago!

what's important for apple is make eye catchy stuff and overprice them ...

#24 Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

Flightlessfalcon/ChemicalBurn

• 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

yeh, dodgy name, but then again think pretty much everyone on WM will reffer to it by longhorn.

it is interesting name though, but it's a (N) from me

Edited by Flightlessfalcon_no_limits, 23 July 2005 - 04:12 AM.

#25 Darth Facehead

Darth Facehead

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:16 AM

You think $500 is overpriced? That's the price of the Mac Mini, a very good deal. In fact, Macs aren't more expensive than Dell, Gateway, HP, or any other brand.

#26 Gelly

Gelly

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:22 AM

You think $500 is overpriced? That's the price of the Mac Mini, a very good deal. In fact, Macs aren't more expensive than Dell, Gateway, HP, or any other brand.

are u mad?! if macs are equally priced with all the other computer companies then why doesn't everyone buy them? why don't they have a humoungous market share? correct yourself and say that mac-minis are equal in price to dells, hp's etc. and that isn't even entirely true because any personal computer's price is determined by specifications and their costs,not to mention tax........

#27 Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

• 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:26 AM

one reason people don't buy macs instead of other brands is that you can buy a hp or dell computer practically anywhere, macs are only sold in a selected few shops and applecentres

#28 Vey Adan

Vey Adan

New WinMatrixian

• 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:27 AM

I think Vista is a original name...not like apples..ahem..pussyies..
3d user interface any1...yummy....luving it. :rolleyes:
still theyre kinda of slow with releasing it..2006 <_<

#29 Darth Facehead

Darth Facehead

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:33 AM

are u mad?! if macs are equally priced with all the other computer companies then why doesn't everyone buy them? why don't they have a humoungous market share? correct yourself and say that mac-minis are equal in price to dells, hp's etc. and that isn't even entirely true because any personal computer's price is determined by specifications and their costs,not to mention tax........

Oh, and you are saying a mac mini is not comparable to a Dell Dimension 2400? Macs don't have a huge market share because while Jobs was away for 11 years or so, they made many huge marketing mistakes. Also, many people don't understand the difference between the specifications, the processors are different architectures, so speeds are measured differently. And tax, well... you can't escape that, no matter what computer you buy.

About the name, I think Vista is a better name than XP, which stands for Windows eXPerience.

Edited by Darth Facehead, 23 July 2005 - 04:38 AM.

#30 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:35 AM

you rock Darth :D

Good point, FF, While, PC are wide ranged, apple computers are in a meagre space in australia, and some other countries. You don't find one around the corner like other computer shops. And Apple makes QUALITY products like Tiger, While XP- LH (vista) is made, apple released, more than 2-3 OSes. And Also in WWDC keynote, apple is releasing 10.6 Lepord. There look great, and they work great.

#31 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:38 AM

And to that.. There packed with features, that are actually USEFUL. I use Autmator, Spotlight alot. Nway.. you wrong alendro, look at Vista wen it comes out, $A600+ bucks. Apple Mac OSes $200

Mac Mini, $A800

#32 Flightlessfalcon_no_limits

• 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:39 AM

Good Job, Apple XY, darth. (Y) (Y)

#33 Gelly

Gelly

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:49 AM

good grief....more zealots. please note that i was't attacking the macintosh community, simply stating that there is no way one can make a general statement that macs are on par price wise with other brands. other computing companies have much better...... controls over their production rates etc. especially with alot of "value models" that are produced, which alot of people who simply want a pc and know nothing about them, purchase them. this just has a huge advantage over apple. but i must admit that i myself would gladly try a mac if i had the money but only when they're more universally compatible with software that i frequently use. and i would not ever doubt apple's innovation in comparison to apple. but the reality is that microsoft has a vice grip with it's windows OS and that cannot be helped for a LONG time to come. i take no sides here, so please no wars people.
with regards to the new name, it's really interesting and perhaps shows that microsoft is stepping out of it's "shove it at them they *have* to use it" mentality...... or maybe i'll wake up now,lol.

i fold on the issue of mac availability because where i live in trinidad & tobago in the caribbean, buying a mac is..... troublesome to say the least.

Gelly.

Edited by Gelly, 23 July 2005 - 04:50 AM.

#34 Aqua Structure

Aqua Structure

long-time listener, first-time caller

• 1,595 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:38 AM

Thx man! :)

I think Apple should name their next next OS, Lynx.

Mac OS X 10.6 : Lynx. Get all girls on to it :lol: :lol: Ah yea.. :P

And get sued by the Lynx Browser people? I think not.

#35 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:10 AM

Admins please change my name from HingXP to HingVista :P

#36 Neutron Nine

Neutron Nine

The One

• 1,871 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

Vista is a perfect name

#37 giuliame

giuliame

Using Powerbook night and day

• 626 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:03 AM

I'm really curious to try this new OS and see what they actually did in all these years of developement.

#38 Sushee XP

Sushee XP

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,224 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

Vista is not a bad name

#39 Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake

I live in a 3D world

• Validating
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the info. It's a perfect name for the next Windows

#40 Caleb

Caleb

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,672 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

Mr. Dark, do you own a Mac computer?
I do and I know extremly well what I am talking about.

Everyone says that they buy Macs for their style. Then then find out that the can`t play games or run their favorite applications on Windows.

I use Macs for one thing, well two but the second thing doesn`t really matter.

Microsoft is better because they are more successful and it is true!
Only some public schools and enterprises used Macs until the iPod came out and it increased their sales by a longshot. Then more people found out about Macs and the applications you can run on them. They only good one imo is Adium which has basically been ported to Windows with Miranda. Microsoft has been this way for years and will be.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!