• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 AbstractLIFE

AbstractLIFE

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

I dont really understand how to work this program.. what is it for just to customize your desktop.?

#82 Redwood

Redwood

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

Is AVEDESK used for icons too? I have a bunch of icon pictures and I dont know how to use them. Can someone help me please?

#83 Faneramx

Faneramx

Active WinMatrixian

• 844 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

my friends are you joking? :blink: check the first sites of this thread :wacko:

#84 Siraka_Serion_Semi

Siraka_Serion_Semi

S3

• Global Moderator
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

@Redwood
AveDesk control panel > Desklets > Add > PidlShortcut > Add Item > Right click on the icon > Properties > Icon > Set Image

#85 Redwood

Redwood

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

Listen. I have a bunch of picture files, but I don't know how to use them on my XP operating system. I have no clue how to do this and this thread is a litle confusing for me. Please help.

#86 Amol

Amol

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

I was just wondering...how do I install Visual Styles/MS Styles? Like I know how to use WindowBlinds stuff - just download WB and install and themes are all managed by WB. How is it, when it comes to VS? Where do I get the approppriate programs?

Nice,no - awesome - tutorial. Keep up the good work so that it's easy for us n00bs :D

=D

#87 Vhaeos

Vhaeos

New WinMatrixian

• 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

I was just wondering...how do I install Visual Styles/MS Styles? Like I know how to use WindowBlinds stuff - just download WB and install and themes are all managed by WB. How is it, when it comes to VS? Where do I get the approppriate programs?

Nice,no - awesome - tutorial. Keep up the good work so that it's easy for us n00bs :D

=D

You've got to install Visual Styles manually. (Assuming you've already patched your system.) Here, I'll just quote what someone said on like, page five.

Installing Visual Styles is a bit trickier. Once you have the UxTheme patcher installed and the themes you want downloaded, you will need to drag them to the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes Make sure you have dragged both the theme (if there is one) and its entire respective folder containing the .msstyles file, or else it will not work! Then you can apply the theme from the Display control panel.

That doesnt work ? :/

Hopefully that explains it.

#88 Anklyne

Anklyne

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:55 AM

I've read through this tut and searched the forum, but I can't find what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is a way to change the amount of colours that the WinXP boot screen can use (8bit, 16bit, 24bit,32bit instead of 4bit). I don't know if this is possible, but I remember my brother saying something about how you can make the boot screen look better, but it makes the computer load slower (we did have an EXTREMELY slow computer at the time - a Pentium, with XP on it).

If this is possible, then any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#89 pS-

pS-

WinMatrixian

• 222 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:23 AM

WoW, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I was looking for a AveTunes guide

(Y)

#90 Automatum

Automatum

Authentic, Energetic, Reflective & Open

• 590 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:20 AM

@ Anklyne

The boot screen is a 800x600 image, but when you start the computer, by default, it is resized to fit your screen, thus resulting into a loss of quality. So the only way to make it look better is to find if your video card can scale the image to the panel size in order that the boot screen remain with its own resolution, but it's going to look small (usually in the advanced options located in the configuration tab of the screen properties).
Making this change can also affect some programs (like the visualization in iTunes) and some games.

#91 Anklyne

Anklyne

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:14 AM

Um...I can't find the place you specified

usually in the advanced options located in the configuration tab of the screen properties

If by "screen proporties" you mean "display properties", by confirguration tab" you mean the "settings" tab and then the "advanced" button, then I'm where you told me to go, but I can't find anything about scaling images or panel size.

I'll go ask my brother if he know's how to do what you're talking about (I know what you mean - on some computers when you turn it on the Windows loading screen appears very small in the middle of the screen, instead of stretched out to the edges). If he knows how to do it I'll tell you :)

Thanks again

EDIT:

He has no idea how to do it :(

Edited by Anklyne, 05 August 2006 - 06:16 AM.

#92 Automatum

Automatum

Authentic, Energetic, Reflective & Open

• 590 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

When you click the advanced button, there must be a lot of tabs, go to one called Display, then click Panel and uncheck the "scale the image to the panel size" option. However, this option could be in other tab if you're using another video card manufacturer than ATI or a desktop computer because mine's a laptop.

#93 Anklyne

Anklyne

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:47 AM

I'm using a desktop and I have a Nvidia card :(

I've just gone looking around the Nvidia control panel and couldn't find anything, as well as the Windows controll panel. I guess I'll try looking around google :)

Thanks for your help anyway.

#94 foxy lady

foxy lady

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

thanks for an ausome toturial Aqua, and please dont *mercilessly flame* me if this is a dead thread....

i know this will make me sound like a noob at being noob...but i tried to "save link as" for the zip files, but i get them empty, that is for AveDesk 1.1 and 1.2 and AveTunes.

Please help.....

Foxy Lady

#95 cillin

cillin

Cillin

• 441 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

Get them here

#96 foxy lady

foxy lady

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

Thnx cillin..

but i found AveDesk1.3, do i install it alone or do i need 1.1 like with 1.2 version?

#97 taipan

taipan

WinAwesomeGuy

• 204 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:50 PM

kool
thanks

#98 Lambie

Lambie

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

Awesome tutorial

Great work :]

#99 Tsavonglah

Tsavonglah

New WinMatrixian

• 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

nice! im going to change mine ASAP!!! w0w nice going guys

#100 JuanArg

JuanArg

Le Torow

• 72 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

Wow, that is an excellent tutorial. Thanks a lot.

However, there is something that I really need to know. I've been using .msstyles for a couple of years, and now I really want to try WindowBlinds, is there anything I need to know about this? Can StyleXP and WindowBlinds coexist without conflicts? Should I do anything in special before switching from one to the other?
I know this question has been asked a zillion times before, but I couldn't find its answer. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!