ipod shuffle has 50= percent of the us market(flas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

A report by market research firm NPD concludes that Apple’s iPod shuffle has gobbled up a full 58.2% of the US market for flash-based MP3 players in March, up from 43% in February (the bulk of Apple’s sales were for the 512MB version of the shuffle). Whether Apple tapped into what has turned out to be a vastly underestimated demand for flash-based players, or simply employed their massive marketing muscle to get consumers lusting after a product that four months ago they didn’t know they wanted

here

#2 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:00 AM

the ipod mini is great so is the 20gb ipod the photo is just being greedy, but the shuffle is just plain wrong. It is a rip off no screen? Are you serious. An steve tried to make it look ground breaking because it shuffle. That is no inovation it is a step backward not screen.... How the hell did apple sell those. Consumers these days... I am telling that marketing team if they were at the government could persuade us to invade israe.l

#3 Frappe

Frappe

Greek. =]

• 42 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

Exactly my thoughts on the iPod shuffle. Apple thinks they will just knock off a screen and a hundred bucks and call it a product. That is why I only like Apple computers and HATE iPods.

I must give Apple some credit, being able to sell crap like that is impossible.

#4 Aqua Structure

Aqua Structure

long-time listener, first-time caller

• 1,595 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

It's a USB pendrive with a headphone jack. It doesn't have a screen, because it doesn't need one. Its purpose is not to be a portable jukebox like the iPod or iPod mini. For working out and so on, the Shuffle is perfect.

Edited by Aqua Structure, 07 May 2005 - 06:04 PM.

#5 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:48 PM

Yea, I second that notion, My Friend uses it as a MP3 Player, and uses it also as a USB Flash Memory Drive, for his school work, and other stuff :)

Btw, its soo tiny :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!