So many years (later), so many (perpetual) problems with this software. Will they, ever, just *fix* it and let us watch, LOL.
- Downloaded the latest DivXInstaller.exe 67.2 MB (70,475,760 bytes) on Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
- Offline installer link is @download.divx.com/divx/standalone/DivXInstaller.exe
- Their web page, divx.com/en/software/divx (which is the web installer)
- Launched it, presented with a dialog: "DivX Setup, An update for DivX software is available. Would you like to install the latest components?"
- Sure, yes, why not... Comodo Firewall confirms execution of the new, update, installer connecting to the web - everything is going to work, right?..
- Nope, not gonna happen; new dialog: "DivX Setup, An error has occured, setup will now terminate."
- "OK" - buh-bye xD
... Anyway, I can remember a couple of times that I had been able to install and use it here-and-there - on various, previous, operating systems and installations. Sometimes. Today, however, gonna have to continue working on how (the heck, hehe) will I be able to load this video. ;-/
Ofc., eventually, it'll work - whether I'll use a different plugin, browser, whatever, to decompress teh web play content and watch the video; but, why does this company still exist (lolz) & better yet: why, in the world, are people -even- using their encoder, still.
Checked on Softpedia.com & the installers are (all) coming from the same address:
- download.divx.com/ 4 the offline &
- dist.divx.com/ 4 the web installer...