UPDATE: UWT 4.2 has been released and introduces support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and new tweaks.
It’s Anniversary celebration time! Yes, Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 has completed 1-year and we’re releasing second big update to it. Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.2 brings some great improvements to the tweaker along with new tweaks. The biggest change is that clicking on “Apply Tweaks” button will only apply tweaks to currently opened section. UWT 4 now fully supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). The tweaks which stopped working have been modified to work accurately and new tweaks have been added.
Remember I released Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3 when Windows 8 was there? Now since Windows 10 is here, it needed an update and I have done it with UWT 4! 200+ tweaks in a program of size less than 1 MB.
- Seeing the concerns being raised about privacy issues, several tweaks have been added under a new Privacy section.
- Many new tweaks in Context Menu for Store Apps to support Windows 10.
- The empty.ico file is not required now for “Remove Shortcut Arrows From Icons” to function properly
- It calculates Windows Experience Index from the main page. Click on Run assessment to recalculate the WEI.
- You can Run DISM command to fix corrupted system image
- You can now pin Drives to Desktop Context Menu
- Many new tweaks to customize Windows 10
- Newly designed interface with command link buttons
- Hover over a tweak, and get the description at the bottom of the tweaker.