office

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

Microsoft Office 2016 is due to launch on 22 September. A leaked memo (thanks to Winfuture) says:

"On September 22, 2015, we'll release Office 2016 -- with updates for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Skype for Business, Project, Visio, Access, and Publisher. The innovation wave continues in Q2 with the release of E5 and Skype for Business, and on-premise servers will follow.

This is the central hub for all Office 2016 Commercial readiness, training, and marketing materials. Mark this page and check back frequently, as we will be releasing new materials, weekly, to support the launch."

Enjoy these screenshots till then. :D

JA6s9Bpl.png

mDv1yvTl.png

FzpAHsll.png

OavNNbtl.png

#2 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

I am currently testing the preview and as of now it does work better than 2013. The theme, finally is honored in all office apps. Before, publisher 2013 and access 2013 refuses to change to dark gray no matter how you specify it on the options. In addition, aside from the colored theme shown above, it finally implemented a REAL dark gray that is easy on the eyes. Kudos to them. ;) My last complain, though, is still with the fonts. It is still terrible when compared to 2010. Maybe I am so used with using mactype. It is a font renderer (freetype implementation) hack for windows. But even without mactype 2010 still renders fonts better on my screen with cleartype on. Microsoft, apparently, said that they wont fix these problems in a blogpost, so I am definitely not one who will be upgrading right away. I might if I have a new monitor which could take long. It is still good (2013 model). This is also apparent with Windows 10 apps and Edge. There are thousands of complaints against this since windows 8 was released (evident on metro apps). And as said earlier, Microsoft said it will never fix it saying their subpixel -gray rendering is superior (cough.. ahem). And no, I dont think my monitor is crap. Just my 2 cents.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: office