Windows 10 collects a lot of data from computer. I have already set "Basic" option under "Feedback & Diagnostics" in the "Privacy" setting. Someone just told me to disable telemetry data collection completely. I'm going to follow these steps:
- Win + R to launch the Run utility.
- Type gpedit.msc to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Double click on Allow Telemetry option in the right panel.
- Choose to set Allow Telemetry to Disabled. Click Apply and OK.
I want to know if there are any side-effects? Is there any benefit of the Telemetry service in Windows 10 for normal users?