Black Taskbar, Importing Chrome into Edge, and New Photo Viewer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jdanniel

jdanniel

New WinMatrixian

• 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Greetings, everyone, I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro, after testing it out--minimally--for a week or so via Virtual Box.

(I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to do it...after backing up my computer with Macrium Reflect onto three different external hard drives.  No chances being taken.)

Things went pretty smoothly, but I do have three (sorry) questions that I couldn't not find the answers to on Google or Bing--not yet, at least.  

1 - I haven't figured out how to change the Taskbar color.  It's solid black, and I'd prefer it to be blue.  Most likely I'll figure this out five minutes after I post this question, but what the heck, if anyone knows, that would be helpful.

2 - Microsoft Edge:  I read a few web sites that explained how to import favorites from Google Chrome.  You cannot yet import from Firefox, and you cannot import HTML files.  The instructions on the web sites I viewed show options for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.  On MY copy of Edge, I see only Microsoft Internet Explorer.  I do not see an option for Google Chrome.  

Attached File  import.JPG   8.54K   1 downloads

Final question:

3 - The new Photo viewer has a totally black background.  Normally, I wouldn't mind this.  However, I often add black borders to my JPG files, via Paint Shop Pro.  If the new Photo Viewer's background is black, then I cannot see how the added borders look.  Is there a way to change the background color of the new Photo viewer?  Or, better still, is the old Windows 8.1 Photo Viewer still available, and if so, how can I make that the default photo viewer?

Thank you so much for any help.  J. Danniel

Attached Files

#2 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:31 AM

I haven't figured out how to change the Taskbar color.

Go to Personalization by right-clicking any empty space and then go to Color and Appearance.

#3 jdanniel

jdanniel

New WinMatrixian

• 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Go to Personalization by right-clicking any empty space and then go to Color and Appearance

I don't see an option for that.  I right-click on the desktop, select Personalize (not Personalization), and then select Color.

I see no option for Appearance.  Attached to this message is a screen shot.

What I wound up doing was changing the theme.  That worked, but I absolutely cannot find a way of changing the task bar color if I select a solid color as the desktop background.  Odd.

As for Importing Chrome into Edge, I did a clean install of Windows 10 after backing up my computer, then installed Chrome and imported bookmarks into it via an HTML file.  When I selected IMPORT in Edge, Chrome did show up.  But Edge is nowhere near as good as Chrome--at least not yet.

As for the Photo Viewer, I still cannot change the background from black to white.  I don't know if it's possible to do this.

Attached Files

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!