Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

Microsoft Update KB2952664, Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7 installs - among other files -

invagent.dll
iologmsg.dll

... Which I didn't catch, prior to the upgrade. I mean, I knew that there are, there will be, some Windows 10 -prep- updates and such - but, maybe I had expected them to be better marked, or something.

So, went to teh Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\View update history, Installed Updates and removed it from there. Rebooted, Windows fiinshed (un)installing updates; that dialog completed (prior to loading the Explorer, Desktop).

The problem is that the files did NOT get removed. IDK, does the Task still run?! o.0

f6hCTla.png

^^ What is there (left) to do?.. How to go about removing, rooting-out the Windows 10 experience which I did not ask for (omg). Ofc., 99% I'll be installing Windows 10 - but, from an ISO (or something, right?.. :)) once it comes out. In the mean time, what are we to do; because, I'm willing to be that there are /will be tons of people with this *problem*

?! Any help, please, thoughts?!

Edit: Oh, yea, almost forgot... There is another one (update), totally unnecessary, similar to this (KB3068708)!!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3068708

Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry

Edited by old5chool, 15 July 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#2 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

OMG, stand by please!.. I just checked the situation again - and it seems that the update hadn't been removed; so confused (because, went through the uninstall procedure)!!

WgYg0ie.png

^^ Gonna run it again, right now, and post back! :-f

Edit: 0k, so running it for the SECOND time - KB2952664 seems to be removed and so is the invagent.dll file which was (just!) one on the list... However, it appears that I was wrong: concerning the other file, iologmsg.dll, which belongs to the July 2014 update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012, KB2967916 (sorz, but they had the same date /time and were right under one another; guess that's how I ran the update, heh :)).

Guess I'll have to dive into it now, check (the) Tasks and all that... See whether all of the files /drivers (if some were installed?!) have been removed. Also, see about the other won: KB3068708 (which HAD been removed, apparently, without issue(s)).

... The question remains, whether this is -now- a useful thread, for people to use /see?! Thanks!! =)

P.S. Lemme know, pls, if some other info is needed - or whatever, tnx!

Edited by old5chool, 15 July 2015 - 01:20 AM.

#3 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

Ok, got it; here are the three (insane, lol) updates - regarding teh Windows 10 upgrade:

Attached File  Restore hidden updates.png   78.98K   7 downloads

• Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664)
  • Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3035583)
  • Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3068708)

*updates to, obviously, avoid; as, anyone wanting to upgrade will do it on their own terms - no?! xD

#4 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:52 AM

Btw., some (new) updates; an update, "How to Block the Windows 10 Upgrade, Everything We Know" @

http://www.makeuseof...verything-know/

& moar!.. :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!