• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

YOVYES9.png

Microsoft has confirmed that there will be no Media Center software for Windows 10. Any PC upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 will lose the feature and there's no way to get it back. Microsoft has focused on TV and entertainment features in it Xbox One. And with the rise of the "cord-cutting" movement, with consumers increasingly turning to streaming services and ditching cable subscriptions, it's hard to fault the economics of Microsoft's decision.

Source: Ed Bott

#2 Vegetto

Vegetto

WinMatrixian

• 241 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Windows 10 will have some type of DVD playback option. Cable on PC is dead already.

#3 christianbclark

christianbclark

WinMatrixian

• 198 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

well .... I have never used it LOL

#4 absenteekamsunshine

absenteekamsunshine

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

Cable tv on pc isn't dead there are people on a pension that had to choose between a tv and a computer because of the amount of room we have so since we are not allowed to use windows media centre in windows 10 we are forced to use the older software that comes with some of the tv turner cards which causes the blue screen so we have to try again when windows starts back up.....I have tried the third party software on the internet but the only 1 that would detect my tv turner is windows media centre so I guess if I want to keep using windows 10 I have to keep putting up with the problems from my old software that came with my tv turner card

#5 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

Well, it is not dead actually.
How to get genuine Windows Media Center working in Windows 10
Enjoy.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10