these 2 dont install on xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Harper

Jack Harper

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

After I installed good old WinXP. I tried install Office 2013 and then AUtocad 2015, the error msg was that they needed at least windows 7. this sucks

#2 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

lol, you don't have any idea how dangerous using Windows XP is, do you?

#3 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

Hmm, let me think

XP = 2001

Office 2013 = 2013

AutoCAD 2015 = 2015

Call me crazy, but I think I see the issue here

OP, pull your head out of the last decade and install a SUPPORTED version of Windows, not some legacy, discontinued, unsupported, dropped by MS themselves version

Or, if you want to risk everything and lose out on new features, install Office 2003 and an ancient useless version of AutoCAD to go with it

Seriously, why do people insist on whining and crying that the latest and greatest software doesn't work on a dead, 1920s OS?

#4 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

lol at the useless ancient AutoCAD. The latest AutoCAD are just bloatwares IMHO. In addition, the software is so expensive that most universities I know are stuck with version 2000. 

But yes its time to retire XP for the new software. Besides, since you already afford buying Office 2013 and AutoCAD 2015, you can definitely afford to buy a new system (or upgrade). ;)

In either case, I still do have an XP system with Office 2003 and even more ancient WordPerfect 5.1 XD, it still runs fine but I am not gonna use it for sensitive/on-line tasks.

edit: cleared jungling words.

#5 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

I use Office 2003 with my Windows 7 and I don't see where is the problem here. ;) Office 2003 is light and simple, with minimalistic interface, without unnecessarily complicated UI and tons of new features that I probably won't use even once in my life.

I like Windows XP's simplicity as well and miss it in Windows 7 :(

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!