A question that had been asked 1000-times; Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hi ppl!.. :) Often times, during the day, I run into the issue of the Windows Explorer not displaying the simplest information - needed; a Status Bar issue, or not, it gets annoying - beyond belief - not being able to glance over this information.. Without, for example, having to use CTRL+a & ALT+Space.

In Windows XP (and b4!), this information had been readily available, at the bottom, screenshot:

F7i6buh.png

.. Unable to find a nice screen of multiple-file selection, atm., but you get the picture (?); where it gets super-annoying, not having the simplest - of the simple - of info. :-/

Please, what's a good alternative (for teh Windblows 7 Windows Explorer)?!?? I have tried some multi-tab and whatnot b4, but always unable to find something useful...

#2 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

"Winblows"? Really? <_<

#3 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

If Windows Explorer bugs you so much then why not use the multitude of File Managers available in the internet. Some are free and some are even open-source. I am sure you will find something that suits you. Most work with Windows XP SP2 up to Windows 8.1.

CubicExplorer and FreeCommander are among them.

I for one find Windows Explorer (regardless of any Windows version it is tied onto) to be limiting but it does what it was intended to do - a basic manager for most users. But sorry, nope, 7 does not blow. ;)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!