• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

nOv2jIB.jpg

Microsoft's personal assistant Cortana is coming to Android and iOS.

Microsoft is working on an advanced version of its competitor to Apple's Siri, using research from an artificial intelligence project called "Einstein.", Reuters reports.

Microsoft has been running Cortana on its Windows phones for a year, and will put the new version on the desktop with the arrival of Windows 10. Later, Cortana will be available as a standalone app, usable on phones and tablets powered by Apple iOS and Google's Android.

#2 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

It's useless on Windows Phone, not touching my Android

#3 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

It's useless on Windows Phone, not touching my Android

I find it far from useless.

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

I guess you're in the US?

It's a cheap useless gimmick in any county other than the US - ask her a simple question and all she does is bring up web results, same questions that are shown to work in the US do fcuk all

Quicker to search Google

#5 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

It's a cheap useless gimmick in any county other than the US -

Not (a) fair (question); however, gotta agree on the "gimmick" assumption... Because that's what it is. The reasons behind its creation are (very) far from what it's presented to be, unfortunately. We will be getting a LOT more of this, as *automation* takes hold (& other, such, made-up terms); built-in spyware and monitoring tools... It's the future.

Fortunately, now, however: it will be and it is possible to use the Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE), a graphical host application for Windows PowerShell, to root-out all of the (utterly) useless "features" of the new Windows, such as the Store and all, or most, of the integrated Windows Services.

^^ It's a long, (somewhat) drawn-out procedure - which will, along the way, actually break some of the Windows$ components - which will need *fixing* afterwards; but, I've done it - several times - on the different Technical Previews & it's possible (to do)! :)

*the tools are (already) there, which is a (very) nice thing.

Edit: Oic., geez, we're in the Mobile OS forums hear... While my post is geared towards the desktop, ofc. Sorz!! :f

Edited by old5chool, 21 March 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#6 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

^^ Desktop & Mobile, Cortana outside of the US is pointless

Even if I was in the US I wouldn't use it, it's something to laugh at with your friends in the house, not to use as a real helpful app

Setting alarms is probaby one of the quickest things she can do, and after you've tried explaining to her what you want the alarm for, what time, which day, how often repeated, you might as well have set it yourself with a few clicks

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cortana, android, ios