Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Winaero Tweaker 0.7.0.4 released

zNual13.png
5EhvLq3.png
The change log.
  • The ability to add the Change Network Location submenu to the Desktop context menu to quickly set your network connection to Private or Public.
  • The ability to add the Windows Update submenu to the Desktop context menu
  • The ability to integrate Snipping Tool to the Desktop context menu.In recent Windows 10 versions, this option will add a submenu with the item to capture a screen region.
  • The ability to add the Control Panel submenu which contains the commands "Category", "Large icons" and "All Tasks".
  • The ability to add the command "Open PowerShell as Administrator" to the context menu of File Explorer.
  • A couple of new options to remove bloat from the File Explorer context menu by hiding the items you might never use. In addition to existing items, I've added the ability to remove these commands:
    -Give access to (Share with in previous Windows versions).
    -Share - the modern Share command available in recent builds of Windows 10.
    -Edit with Photos - also a new command which was added recently to the context menu of image files in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
  • Under Network\Reset Data Usage, you can reset the network data usage with one click in Windows 10.
  • A new page under Windows Apps\Extra Buttons in Internet Explorer will allow you to get rid of the Edge tab and Smiley buttons in IE 11.
  • I fixed the "Customize This PC" option in the Tweaker app. Now it can remove the 3D Objects folder from This PC in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Download the app | Release notes and screenshots

#22 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Hey folks, I am VERY happy to announce a new major version of the app.
Winaero Tweaker 0.8, the first version which comes with import/export for changes you made!
A new wizard can be found under Menu - Tools -> Import/Export Tweaks.
udiubu.png
uhgqmb.png
npjakt.png
More screenshots:
otsmrt.png
ppsceh.png
qoaxwr.png
rixcrv.png
rwxljr.png
xfkgya.png
pehayx.png
idjvrz.png

New features.
  • The ability to export and import changes you made with Winaero Tweaker.
  • You can go to the desired Registry key with one click using a new option under Tools.
  • Remove "Restore previous versions" from the context menu in File Explorer.
  • Remove the Pin to Start context menu command.
  • Remove the Pin to taskbar context menu command.
  • Remove the Troubleshoot Compatibility item from the context menu of File Explorer.
  • Disable Error Reporting in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
  • A new tweak to increase System Restore point frequency. This tweak will allow you to eliminate the default limit set to 1 restore point per day and create a new restore point every time you start your PC.
  • You can configure split threshold for svchost.exe in recent Windows 10 builds.
  • Configure Lock Screen slideshow duration in Windows 10.
  • Change the screensaver password grace period.
  • Fixes and improvements.
    • The tweak to disable the Extract All context menu uses a better method.
    • I've fixed a long-standing bug which made the "Open Command Prompt here" command default to Libraries. I also applied a workaround to prevent other custom context menu commands from becoming the default for any file system object.
    • The Selection Limit tweak now shows a request to sign out from your user account. It is necessary but was missing.
    • I've fixed tons of minor mistakes and made the overall source code quality much better due to refactoring I had to perform for the import and export feature.
    Here are a few things you need to know before proceeding.
    • The app "tracks" the changes you have made but only the changes done with version 0.8 and later of the Tweaker will be tracked. This means it is not possible to apply tweaks with a previous version of the app, upgrade it to version 0.8 and export the changes to a file. This scenario will not work. The solution is as follows:
      - upgrade the app to version 0.8.
      - reset the changes that you have made to their defaults for critical tweaks you would like to export.
      - apply those tweaks once again
      - export tweaks to a file.
    • You can apply tweaks in one version of Windows, export them to a file, and import them in another Windows version. This scenario is supported. In this case, the app will ignore the Windows-version-specific tweaks and apply only those tweaks which are common between two different Windows versions. Pretty cool, isn't it?
    • If something goes wrong during export or import, the app will place the file WinaeroTweaker.log in the same folder where the ini file with your tweaks is stored. It will be opened automatically so you can review it. Please email me the log file in such situations.
    • A number of tweaks related to advanced system appearance like "System font", "Status bar font" and so on won't be exported. The advanced appearance options are not officially supported in modern Windows versions. Importing them can cause unexpected behaviors in the OS, so I have decided to exclude them from import and export for now. Please consider configuring these options manually when required.
    Winaero Tweaker | Release notes and screenshots

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!