Hey folks, I am VERY happy to announce a new major version of the app.Winaero Tweaker 0.8
, the first version which comes with import/export for changes
A new wizard can be found under Menu - Tools -> Import/Export Tweaks.
- The ability to export and import changes you made with Winaero Tweaker.
- You can go to the desired Registry key with one click using a new option under Tools.
- Remove "Restore previous versions" from the context menu in File Explorer.
- Remove the Pin to Start context menu command.
- Remove the Pin to taskbar context menu command.
- Remove the Troubleshoot Compatibility item from the context menu of File Explorer.
- Disable Error Reporting in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- A new tweak to increase System Restore point frequency. This tweak will allow you to eliminate the default limit set to 1 restore point per day and create a new restore point every time you start your PC.
- You can configure split threshold for svchost.exe in recent Windows 10 builds.
- Configure Lock Screen slideshow duration in Windows 10.
- Change the screensaver password grace period.
- Fixes and improvements.
Here are a few things you need to know before proceeding.
- The tweak to disable the Extract All context menu uses a better method.
- I've fixed a long-standing bug which made the "Open Command Prompt here" command default to Libraries. I also applied a workaround to prevent other custom context menu commands from becoming the default for any file system object.
- The Selection Limit tweak now shows a request to sign out from your user account. It is necessary but was missing.
- I've fixed tons of minor mistakes and made the overall source code quality much better due to refactoring I had to perform for the import and export feature.
Winaero Tweaker | Release notes and screenshots
- The app "tracks" the changes you have made but only the changes done with version 0.8 and later of the Tweaker will be tracked. This means it is not possible to apply tweaks with a previous version of the app, upgrade it to version 0.8 and export the changes to a file. This scenario will not work. The solution is as follows:
- upgrade the app to version 0.8.
- reset the changes that you have made to their defaults for critical tweaks you would like to export.
- apply those tweaks once again
- export tweaks to a file.
- You can apply tweaks in one version of Windows, export them to a file, and import them in another Windows version. This scenario is supported. In this case, the app will ignore the Windows-version-specific tweaks and apply only those tweaks which are common between two different Windows versions. Pretty cool, isn't it?
- If something goes wrong during export or import, the app will place the file WinaeroTweaker.log in the same folder where the ini file with your tweaks is stored. It will be opened automatically so you can review it. Please email me the log file in such situations.
- A number of tweaks related to advanced system appearance like "System font", "Status bar font" and so on won't be exported. The advanced appearance options are not officially supported in modern Windows versions. Importing them can cause unexpected behaviors in the OS, so I have decided to exclude them from import and export for now. Please consider configuring these options manually when required.