• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

DKxX5Ol.png

Microsoft released OneNote 2013 desktop software for free last year, but some of the features were still restricted to the paid version. Microsoft announced today that they have removed all feature restrictions from OneNote 2013. Now you’ll be able to access all the features previously reserved for paid editions:

• Password protected sections: Add a password to protect sensitive information.
  • Page history: Easily see or go back to prior versions of a page.
  • Audio and video recording: Take notes while recording, and easily jump to the relevant section later.
  • Audio search: Search for a word in a voice or video recording.
  • Embedded files: Insert Office documents or other files directly in your notebook.

OneNote stores your notes on OneDrive for easy access across all your devices (including smartphones) and works whether you’re online or offline.  With your free Microsoft account, you’ll get 15 GB of OneDrive space for free and no limits on the number of notes you can create or sync.

Download OneNote

Goodbye Evernote. :D

#2 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

I installed OneNote because it saves all the notes locally for offline access. Evernote has this option in the paid version. :(

Edit: I'm talking about the Android apps. Evernote's desktop app is as good as OneNote.

#3 Vegetto

Vegetto

WinMatrixian

• 241 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

I'm sure they made it free to kill Evernore. If LibreOffice becomes popular in future, they will release a free version of MS Office.

#4 molotovich

molotovich

New WinMatrixian

• 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I'm sure they made it free to kill Evernore. If LibreOffice becomes popular in future, they will release a free version of MS Office.

Utopic thought at best, as far as open/libreoffice goes I dont see it dominating of becoming a danger to MS anytime soon

#5 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

They said the same about Open Office. But that won't happen with OOo and LibreOffice being pieces of dung.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: onenote, office