• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Harun Hawi

Harun Hawi

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Hi guys,

I own a copy of Windows 7 ultimate that is installed on my pc. Recently I needed the english language pack for windows for the windows speech recognition (My windows native language was German). I have installed spanish and even Arabic with no problems but it gave me an error message for english (WindowsUpdate_80070002/dt000). I have tried troubleshooting on all possible sites but to no avail  :( . I then tried to install it manually using windows install from computer with the Ip.cab file, but then windows said it was already installed ! I looked through language settings and german aswell as arabic and spanish had appeared, but no english :cry: . I called MS support but the guy on the phone just hung up :angry: . Anyways, I would really appreciate a solution.

I beleive that while installing, something might have crashed the updator and now its half installed, as the registry files showed no en-US entry.

Could I maybe manually delete all files of that MUI?

Thank you guys in advance,

Harry

#2 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

I called MS support but the guy on the phone just hung up :angry: . Anyways, I would really appreciate a solution.

^^ Um, yeah, sure.. Anyway (since you don't appear to be using the Daz loader, I'm saying that just bc usually it's the Ultimate version that's available - otherwise, activated), I would - maybe, in one possible scenario - run the Windows 7 /sfc tool,

"Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files" @

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/ 

.. and see if that will pan-out the way you want. MAYBE. :D

Edit: OMG, what IS up w/the linking system on the forums == all I'm trying is to put-up a link to that Micro$oft page: https://support.micr....com/kb/929833/

Edited by old5chool, 09 March 2015 - 05:19 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, language packs, windows update