• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

ssBT7Ta.jpg

IObit Start Menu 8 is a free Windows 7 style start menu designed for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It offers the option to skip Modern UI, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly.

Version 2 includes options to display recently opened applications and ability to manually pin shortcuts and executables to the start menu with a right-click. Other new features include customisable transparency, syncing of user and account pictures and high DPI support.

:download: Download

:earth: Website

#2 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

Another screenshot:

uWtLab4.png

#3 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Looks like a child made it in MS Paint, what's with the dodgy fonts?

#4 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

I think they tried to make the start menu as simple as possible. It looks good to me. Btw, what's wrong with the font?

#5 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

A very nice alternate to Stardock Start8.

#6 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

I think they tried to make the start menu as simple as possible. It looks good to me. Btw, what's wrong with the font?

Take a look at the fonts in your windows install vs that screenshot, the fonts are even bigger than these forum fonts - looks like one of those old hacked XP lites people made decades ago

It's paid (Cheap), but after trying every single free start menu replacement, I settled with "StartIsBack", a perfect replica, perfect fonts, perfect functionality, and integrates into Windows as if it was part of Windows, just like Win 7's menu

#7 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Take a look at the fonts in your windows install vs that screenshot, the fonts are even bigger than these forum fonts - looks like one of those old hacked XP lites people made decades ago

The text in the screenshot is as big and they are in my Windows 7 start menu. I have set my DPI to Medium (125%).

May be OP is also using high DPI.

#8 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

2nd screenshot, my bad, not the OP one

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, start menu