Facebook says I have a virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

So I tried to go on Facebook earlier and saw I was logged out, couldn't remember my password, changed it, tried to log back in and can't get past the malware check.

There are 3 problems with this.

1. I'm using Linux Mint. So exactly what virus do you think I have Facebook?

2. The scan it wants me to install is an .exe, so how the hell does it expect me to do that?

3. This happens on Firefox. If I use Chrome I can log in just fine.

So to me it seems that whatever Facebook is detecting, it's tied to Firefox. I've tried deleting my history and such for today but that hasn't helped. any other ideas before I try reinstalling Firefox?

#2 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have one question: How the fook, would FB know you had a virus?

FB is the virus - any crap you get like that from that scum sucking site, IS the virus

#3 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

I just knew one of you would reply.

#4 Dj_The_Tech

Dj_The_Tech

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Especially if you are on a Linux OS i would more assume your browser is infected or to something of that lines.

• Check your browser extensions in Firefox for suspicious add-ons and extensions.  
  • I recommend re-installing Firefox.
  • Check your TCP/IP settings and your DNS to make sure it is set to your ISP's DNS or like Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.)

I am certified COMPTIA A+ & Network technician but unfortunately i am unsure on how to remove infections on Linux OS`s so i hope these few things help!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!