windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Guys, don't use Windows 10 Technical Preview as your main OS! Microsoft is using keylogger to collect users’ data. Read the privacy policy of Windows 10 Technical Preview here.

• Open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance; or
  • Enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving auto-complete and spell check features.

By accepting the Windows 10 privacy policy you are allowing Microsoft to record files and log your keystrokes. Microsoft knows whatever you type. :mellow:

#2 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

It's a preview, they need to collect data, WTF do you expect from a preview they want people to test for them ?

lmao

#3 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

I know. I'm just saying that, "don't use Windows 10 Technical Preview as your main OS". If you are a developer then use VMWare Player for testing your apps.

#4 WinTunes

WinTunes

Active WinMatrixian

• 361 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

A lot of sites including Neowin are misleading people by saying that Microsoft could be stealing data. :lol:

#5 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

[..] Microsoft could be stealing data. :lol:

All digital communications are being monitored, I doubt that *they* would need to integrate any sort of spy-tech in plain sight. What IS annoying, though, is how my Windows OS can't site idle to the web - until I instruct it otherwise. Every new release, the online infection spreads deeper... I want my PC isolated and NOT integrated, ffs. =)

Have a look @ teh screenshot - and that's just the stuff that's on the surface... Just imagine what kinds of packets are actually exchanged (& by Services, themselves).

Attached File  2015-01-04_2-33-50.png   111.18K   6 downloads

P.S.

https://startpage.com/eng/prism-program-exposed.html

4 anyone that may not know. :)

#6 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

&& just btw., thought you were joking except, apparently, there really IS a key-logger - of sorts - that comes along w/W10! xD

https://duckduckgo.c...ws 10 keylogger

^^ Has been covered, in many places; such as:

• @msfn.org/board/topic/172856-guideway-to-disable-keylogger-well-im-not-sure/
  • @geek.com/microsoft/microsoft-clears-the-air-on-windows-10-keylogger-1606160/
  • @answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-security/how-to-turn-off-windows-10-key-logging/d7da1704-258f-4c08-9f75-50b26e8928f7
  • *and so on & so forth.. :)

o.0

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10