• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

L8ofME6.jpg

Along with the release of 32-bit version of Chrome 37, Google also pushed the 64-bit version of Chrome to the stable channel today. 64-bit version was in the beta channel for the last month, and now it’s finally available in the stable channel.

64-bit version of Chrome 37 offers many benefits for speed, stability and security. For example it is 15 percent faster at decoding HD videos on YouTube, said Chrome team programmer Will Harris in a blog post. And don't forget that Chrome 64-bit can handle vastly larger amounts of memory and that offer more data-storage slots called registers that can improve performance.

Download Chrome 64-bit

#2 christianbclark

christianbclark

WinMatrixian

• 198 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

Very Good and Very Fast !

#3 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Finally! (Y)

#4 WinTunes

WinTunes

Active WinMatrixian

• 361 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

We need some benchmarks. :)

#5 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hopefully it's a bit better than my experience on the beta, it had some issues where it couldn't load pages or would sit there for 15 minutes. Granted it was beta so I expected issues, but I never got a chance to really see any performance increase

#6 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

Hopefully it's a bit better than my experience on the beta, it had some issues where it couldn't load pages or would sit there for 15 minutes. Granted it was beta so I expected issues, but I never got a chance to really see any performance increase

This final version was similar for me, pages taking upwards of 5-6 seconds to load, even Chromes own settings page hung for about 5 seconds before it opened anything

Back to FF, everything instant again

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome