2 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

iHkDpho.jpg

Google bought Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in 2011. The company has decided to sell Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for $2.91 billion. It seems Google didn't manage to make Motorola profitable and sold it at a loss. Google is retaining most of Motorola's portfolio of mobile patents though.

“Lenovo has the expertise and track record to scale Motorola Mobility into a major player within the Android ecosystem. This move will enable Google to devote our energy to driving innovation across the Android ecosystem, for the benefit of smartphone users everywhere,” said Larry Page, CEO, Google in a blog post.

#2 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Google isn't selling the patents so may be it's not a loss.

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Google is the only company on earth that can get away with making such stupid moves and people will still defend it.

The way I see it, Google screwed Motorola over big time, due to their selfishness. Buying Motorola made no sense from the start, and now they're offloading it after getting the patents that they wanted.

I'm Asian, but to me, Motorola is one of those rare iconic American brands, and they totally sold their soul.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google