Photo
- - - - -

User Share: Chrome Up, All Other Browsers Down!

chrome firefox ie10 safari

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

skdxPEZ.png

As you can see, Chrome is now the only web browser whose user share is increasing. Internet Explorer's share decreased after a long time. Firefox and Safari also went down by some points.

Statistics provided by Net Applications

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

is Net Applications accurate at all? I've seen weird things from them in the past.

I do expect Chrome to overtake Firefox to become the second most popular browser, that would not be a surprise. It doesn't help that Firefox hasn't been doing a good job lately.

I don't know about others, but I was a huge fan of Google Chrome from day 1. However, lately, Google Chrome has been crashing far too often for me to use (stable build), it keeps freezing up randomly on webpages and gobbles up waaay too much RAM (I make no apologies for being on 2GB) and hog too much CPU. I also don't understand how the simplest of extensions can take up more memory than my word processor.

So I gave IE 11 a try, and I am extremely impressed with IE 11's speed. I guess people are okay with Chrome, but I'm going to stick with IE 11 until Chrome gets fixed. IE 11 is kinda underrated.

#3 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

How they collect this data?

#4 christianbclark

christianbclark

WinMatrixian

• 198 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

National Security Agency !!!!!!!

#5 Dj_The_Tech

Dj_The_Tech

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Yes ,lol ,  NSA could very well relay this info and obtain but these numbers are mainly coming from website analytics like "Google Analytics" (http://www.google.com/analytics/) that tracks websites stats and that also at the sametime logs the users type of web browser 

#6 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Let's not forget we can thank Chromecast for the rise of the chrome browser since that device relies on google chrome even though there are workarounds that can enable you to view or use your locally stored files for viewing on a HDTV.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome, firefox, ie10, safari