video microsoft chrome chromebook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Microsoft, with its Scroogled (Anti-Google) campaign bashed Google's Chromebook again in a new video starring Ben the PC Guy, saying that it’s not a real laptop because it doesn't run Photoshop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

The video also highlights the inability of certain Chromebook apps like Google Docs to run while the machine is offline.

#2 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

I don't have money for buying Photoshop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. But I can afford a good Internet connection for using free web apps.

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yeah I would agree that Photoshop is too expensive and most people are better off with simpler image editors. But i'll never believe anyone that says they can get work done on their computer without Office. That probably only means you're not working hard enough :lol:

I tried using Google Docs and it only pissed me off, especially presentations. And yeah, like in the video, it doesn't work offline, which means you're pretty much screwed while on the move (e.g. on the train) unless the chromebook has LTE/3G........................and signing up for another data plan sorts of negates the point of chromebooks being cheap.

This ad isn't bad, I wish Microsoft would stop the bashing, but there are valid points in the ad.

#4 K.L.Devine

K.L.Devine

Active WinMatrixian

• 898 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

The points are valid but these ads remind me of the old "Get a Mac" ads...valid points but biased!

#5 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Even Mint Linux running LibreOffice is more useful than Chromebook but I hate Scroogled campaign.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, microsoft, chrome, chromebook