widget android gadget

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xwidget

xwidget

WinMatrixian

• 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi, I developing to port XWidget to Android Platform, this is the first beta . All feedback will grateful .

[Screenshort]
xwidget_for_android_beta_v0_993_2013_11_

post-319842-0-02974100-1384411381.jpg

XWidgetDesigner for Windows. one-key to send widget to phone to preview or run. and this widget also can run on windows

post-319842-0-19370900-1384447204.jpg

Attached File  widget designer sent to phone.jpg   110.78K   2 downloads

[Feature]
--Visualization widget designer for Windows PC: you can create widget with XWidgetDesigner for Windows,and One-key to send the widget to your Android Device to preview or run.
--Cross-platform widget: the widget you create on PC can run bouth on Windows platform and Android platform
--Low resource taken: run widget only need 6-12M RAM,not expend CPU in peacetime.
--Battery Friendly: Do not run any core or action after lock screen , has no effect to the lifetime of the battery
--Requires only a few Permissions : only need write external storage and accsess network Permissions .
--Free and NO ads: Without any residual background services and processes: When closing widget will completely exit without permanent backstage to slow down the system
--Online widget gallery: one-touch to download and install widget from online gallery. large number of widgets in online gallery, updated daily.
--Support hotspots

[Permissions explained]
write external storage - to save and load widgets
accsess network state - for weather data and download widget from gallery

[Download from Google Play]
http://android.xwidg...te/download.php

[Link]
XWidget Forum: http://bbs.xwidget.c...php?f=18&t=3763

[How to create widget for android on windows]
1. Make sure check the Phone option: Android System Setting -- Developer option --- "Enabled development" , and "USB debugging". And Disable the Phone option: "Connect storage to PC "
2. Make sure you had install the Android USB Driver on your Windows .
3. Install XWidget for Android apk on your phone and install XWidget for windows.
4. Add a XWidget widget on your phone
5. Plug in your phone with USB to your PC.
6. Open XWDesigner on PC to create a new widget, and press "Android Mode" at top-right , and click button "Send to phone" at top-left
7. click widget on your phone and will popup menu and select menuitem "select widget", then you can find the widget you sent .
6. continue modify the widget with XWDesigner on PC ,and press "Send to phone" ,the widget on phone will auto refresh and update .
7. click "package" in XWDesigner will get a ".xwp" file,then you can share this widget package file . Others XWidget for Android users can download this xwp file and install widget on their phone.

[Note]
XWidget for Android Beta only support Image/Text/NumbImage/Rotator Controls, and DateTimeCore/WeatherCore/BatteryCore. We are developing to add more controls and cores .

[We need help]
--We need translators
--We need testers
--We need tutorial writers
--We need people to record video tutorials
If you had intresting,please PM me

Regards,
Tony

#2 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Looks fantastic! Have you submitted it to Google Play Store?

#3 xwidget

xwidget

WinMatrixian

• 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Looks fantastic! Have you submitted it to Google Play Store?

Thanks, I am Submitting :yes:

#4 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'll definitely give it a try. Waiting for it to be appeared on Google Play.

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

As an Android user that refuses to use any kind of widget at all, because it detracts from the wallpaper.. I would use these widgets.  Seriously, great job.  This may give UCCW a run for it's money if you include a widget designer for the Android itself.  (Or if the designer is available for Desktop download, and I like that idea even better!)

#6 xwidget

xwidget

WinMatrixian

• 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'll definitely give it a try. Waiting for it to be appeared on Google Play.

Thanks, had be submited on Google Play: https://play.google....getsoft.xwidget

#7 xwidget

xwidget

WinMatrixian

• 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

As an Android user that refuses to use any kind of widget at all, because it detracts from the wallpaper.. I would use these widgets.  Seriously, great job.  This may give UCCW a run for it's money if you include a widget designer for the Android itself.  (Or if the designer is available for Desktop download, and I like that idea even better!)

Thanks, I think that the better is use the widget to fit the wallpapers  , integrated,widget can make your desktop more functional :)
And the XWidget Designer for Android is developing.

XWidgetDesigner for Windows. one-key to send widget to phone to preview or run.

post-319842-0-19370900-1384447204.jpg

#8 WinTunes

WinTunes

Active WinMatrixian

• 361 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

XWidget Designer looks very easy to use. I'm sure this app is gonna be popular within a month! (Y)

#9 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Very impressive! Perhaps I should give it a try sometime. 

#10 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

I've used XWidget on desktop. Really beautiful widgets.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: widget, android, gadget