• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is now available for Windows 7 users in 95 languages. Microsoft will start pushing IE11 via  Windows update in the coming weeks. Windows 7 users who are already using IE11 Developer and Release Previews version will start receiving the final version of IE11 from today. Windows 7 users can now enjoy the same level of improved performance, security, privacy, and reliability with IE11 that consumers enjoy on Windows 8.1.

Faster Page Loading

jfajiUe.png

IE11 on Windows 7 improves performance across the board with faster page loading, faster interactivity, and faster JavaScript performance, while reducing CPU usage and improving battery life on mobile PCs. You can experience IE11’s leading performance first hand with demos on the IE Test Drive site where you’ll find examples of hardware accelerated rendering, interactivity, touch, and real world site patterns. EtchMark is a new test drive demo that’s an entertaining HTML5 retro-drawing experience, one that also enables you measure your browser’s performance.

JavaScript performance

DnUaoGw.png

On Windows 7, IE11 is 9% faster than IE10, which is nearly 30% faster than the nearest competitive browser.

Download: Internet Explorer 11

Source: IEBlog

#2 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

It works wonderfuly on Windows 8.1 :)

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

IE11 worked awesome for me in the Windows 8.1 preview, but the RTM version has been giving problems...a few updates have fixed some things, but I still remember having a better experience in the preview. 

#4 christianbclark

christianbclark

WinMatrixian

• 198 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Good browser but IE always has a issue with some site's background. Chrome is always better.

#5 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

For some weird reasons Chrome and Firefox can't detect my DPI setting. Only IE11 works perfectly.

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

For some weird reasons Chrome and Firefox can't detect my DPI setting. Only IE11 works perfectly.

Chrome doesn't respect Windows' DPI settings. Firefox should work though, but i'm not sure if that's only for Metro interface or if the Desktop version would work too. But yeah, IE11 scales pretty much flawlessly. It's IE's key advantage over other browsers right now, and it's important with all the higher resolution screens coming.

EDIT: I just noticed that Chrome is adding support for high DPI displays - you can enable it at chrome://flags/#high-dpi-support

#7 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

This browser is horrible! At work we call it the new IE7.

The developer tools aren't that great as well.

#8 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

This browser is horrible! At work we call it the new IE7.

Couldn't agree more, however ("Google Chrome is the most popular browser on WinMatrix"):

http://www.winmatrix...r-on-winmatrix/

^^ and it's a pinned topic, too, meh! :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, ie11