Photo
- - - - -

Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 Released, Nag Screen Dropped!

avira antivirus

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

RMOKyNH.png

Avira released the final version of Avira Free Antivirus 2014 today. It looks similar to its previous version but the good news is that the the pop-up nag screen which appeared daily has been dropped. :D

For those who are new to Avira, it's one of the most popular free antivirus available in the market. It offers real-time virus detection, pop-up blocker, privacy tools and safety ratings for your search results.

Download

Avira Website

#2 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Maybe they realised that people were disabling the popups anyway

#3 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Or may be they realized that people were uninstalling Avira because of the nag screen.

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Why would you uninstall Avira because of popups when they are a piece of piss to disable ?

#5 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

There was no option to disable the popups. It was easier to uninstall Avira than Google for the solution. :D

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

starting with Windows 8, I really believe that there is no need to install A/V software anymore. I have done away with mine for years already and couldn't be happier.

#7 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

starting with Windows 8, I really believe that there is no need to install A/V software anymore. I have done away with mine for years already and couldn't be happier.

LMAO!

#8 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

The Avira version 14 isn't available yet they haven't uploaded it to their server.

#9 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I found version 14 on download.com.

#10 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

You show your complete ignorance and naivety and lack of any IT knowledge with that comment

Fail

"Thinking" you have no malware, "Thinking" you are safe online using nothing but 8's crapware protection is laughable, n00b

6E6ScKW.jpg

#11 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

You show your complete ignorance and naivety and lack of any IT knowledge with that comment

Uh. Okay.

I think naive people are people like you that think installing A/V software somehow makes you safe online. THAT shows ignorance and a lack of IT knowledge. Newsflash: i'm safe because I use Common Sense. That wouldn't change even if I had A/V installed. Now stop hurling personal attacks at me.

#12 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

I miss CommonSense. Where he is now a days? :P

#13 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Uh. Okay.

I think naive people are people like you that think installing A/V software somehow makes you safe online. THAT shows ignorance and a lack of IT knowledge. Newsflash: i'm safe because I use Common Sense. That wouldn't change even if I had A/V installed. Now stop hurling personal attacks at me.

Aww why? Is it making you upset? Poor baby

Your entire argument is a joke, you're basically saying, because you could get hit by a car crossing the road, you might as well close your eyes while you're crossing

A decent AV will prevent getting infected in many ways, even browsing a hijacked / phishing site will infect your machine, many times NOD32 cuts the connection to a site because of that reason, without it, I would have ended up with an infection

Time to grow up little boy and learn some real facts instead of making things up to suit you, oh and if you do not like personal attacks, get off the net and stop being a n00b, or grown a pair and suck it up

#14 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Aww why? Is it making you upset? Poor baby

Your entire argument is a joke, you're basically saying, because you could get hit by a car crossing the road, you might as well close your eyes while you're crossing

A decent AV will prevent getting infected in many ways, even browsing a hijacked / phishing site will infect your machine, many times NOD32 cuts the connection to a site because of that reason, without it, I would have ended up with an infection

Time to grow up little boy and learn some real facts instead of making things up to suit you, oh and if you do not like personal attacks, get off the net and stop being a n00b, or grown a pair and suck it up

Thanks for reminding me why people say that the internet is full of 12-year olds.

#15 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for reminding me why people say that the internet is full of 12-year olds.

I shouldn't have had to remind you, don't you have a mirror ?

#16 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I shouldn't have had to remind you, don't you have a mirror ?

Look, all I did was to say that I believed that there was no need to install a A/V software anymore and you went ahead and called me n00b and posted that picture (which is probably how you look like) instead of disagreeing with like a regular human being. How does that reflect badly on me? Good lord...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avira, antivirus