microsoft

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Microsoft is buying Nokia's devices and services division for $7.2 billion. It's a phone hardware division which owns many patents, is a powerful  global distribution network, and a lot of employees. Here's a quick visual breakdown of everything Steve Ballmer is buying from Stephen Elop.

odUNfnh.png

Verge

#2 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Very much look forward to what they can do together.

#3 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Microsoft Lumia! :mellow:

#4 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Here is the email that CEO Steve Ballmer sent to Microsoft employees on Nokia Devices & Services acquisition.

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

man...this makes me really nervous....the Nokia brand was an important part in getting Windows Phones noticed, and now that's gone. I'm afraid to say that this isn't the best decision to make Windows Phone better. The problem is the slowness and apathy of the Windows Phone team, not Nokia.

I also really don't think anyone would buy a Surface/Lumia/Microsoft/Windows branded device.

#6 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

man...this makes me really nervous....the Nokia brand was an important part in getting Windows Phones noticed, and now that's gone. I'm afraid to say that this isn't the best decision to make Windows Phone better. The problem is the slowness and apathy of the Windows Phone team, not Nokia.

I also really don't think anyone would buy a Surface/Lumia/Microsoft/Windows branded device.

I think they'll be fine. With Elop aboard, I find it hard to believe Microsoft would allow itself to settle.

#7 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I think they'll be fine. With Elop aboard, I find it hard to believe Microsoft would allow itself to settle.

I have hope, but i'm skeptical. Seriously. For example, WTF is Microsoft going to do with Asha phones? Granted, it is shrinking market that will eventually fold up and not matter anymore 10 years from now, but now, Microsoft has zero business in that area.

#8 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

The small Indian market is gone now. People will have to use crappy Micromax, Karbonn and Lava phones.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: microsoft