3 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

bOifhe9l.jpg

Microsoft released update KB 2859537 for Windows 7 users a few days ago to correct an exploit used by a rookit virus. But the update has caused quite a lot of problems to Windows 7 users. The buggy update leads to BSOD due to incompatible hardware and also breaks down some games on Windows 7 including RIFT and Defiance. It is advisable to uninstall the update KB2859537 ASAP.

Microsoft has now issued an statement saying that it’s aware of the bugs:

“Some users may experience issues with certain programs after they install security update 2859537. In some cases the programs may not successfully start. We are also aware of limited reports that certain users may encounter difficulties restarting their computers after applying this security update,” the company said in the support article.

Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in the support article when the information becomes available.

#2 WinTunes

WinTunes

Active WinMatrixian

• 361 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

This is why I install updates manually. ;)

#3 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I play Defiance and don't know how I don't have this update installed.

#4 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Microsoft pulled the update KB2859537, It's not available now but remember to check "Programs and Features" section of Windows to see if you have it installed. This update is still causing BSOD.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, bsod