bitdefender kaspersky antivirus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Independent testing lab AV-Comparatives has released the results of its real world protection test for the months of March to June 2013. The tests use each antivirus security suite on its default settings and live URLs that point to malware executables along with drive-by exploits.

Using a total of 1,972 test cases over the four month period the results show that all of the major security packages offer high levels of protection. Bitdefender and Kaspersky top the charts with 99.9 percent protection levels, F-Secure also manages 99.9 but ranks slightly lower as it relied on user interaction to block three of the threats.

0VwIwpq.png

McAfee managed 99.3 percent, Bullguard 97.9 and AVG 96.3. Propping up the bottom of the chart is AhnLab on 90 percent below Microsoft Security Essentials which managed 92.5.

#2 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't think we needed any more proof that Security Essentials is a bit meh :lol:.

I'm surprised Kaspersky scored so high though.

#3 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

I'm sure within a week, Microsoft will come up with its own study to prove that guys at AV-Comparatives are wrong and MSE/Windows Defender is good enough to use. :lol:

#4 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm sure within a week, Microsoft will come up with its own study to prove that guys at AV-Comparatives are wrong and MSE/Windows Defender is good enough to use. :lol:

I already see the name of the new topic about it - "MSE provides better privacy than Bitdefender and Kaspersky"... :D

#5 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm surprised Kaspersky scored so high though.

Kaspersky and Bitdefender both are equally good, but the good thing about Bitdefender is that they have a free version which uses the same virus definition as used by their paid version.

http://www.bitdefend...tions/free.html

#6 Krutonium

Krutonium

New WinMatrixian

• 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

And I am still going to use Avast!

#7 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Avast is great! Bitdefender Free Edition is too simple for my taste.

#8 teXtreme

teXtreme

teXtreme

• 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Umm. My laptop using AVG Antivirus 2013 is grate. But on my Desktop (Home) use Windows 8 and MSE (Build in from Windows 8) -,- no more to use another antivirus.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bitdefender, kaspersky, antivirus