• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darcena

Darcena

WinMatrixian

• 100 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

MpztyoK.jpg

Google rolled out an update to Gmail last month to split the emails into categories and then display them in different tabs. One of the tabs was called Promotions, which would group together all the promotional offers you sign up to receive.

Some users have started to receive new emails in the Promotions tab which are actually Google adverts packaged as emails. :mellow:

Source: VB

#2 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

Scroogled again! Thank God I switched to Live Mail. I've had it with Google and their advertising nonsense.

#3 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

Scroogled again! Thank God I switched to Live Mail. I've had it with Google and their advertising nonsense.

Yeah! Microsoft never sends you advertisements (about the new surface pro or windows phone or xbox or some useless feature they have added), EVER!

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yeah! Microsoft never sends you advertisements (about the new surface pro or windows phone or xbox or some useless feature they have added), EVER!

I don't think they do at all, unless you have subscribed to their newsletters.

#5 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Because they don't?

#6 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

Damn you Google. You were supposed not to give Microsoft any reason for starting the next Scroogled campaign.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmail