xbox one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

The demos of upcoming Xbox One games at E3 2013 were running on a Window 7 based PC powered by Nvidia GTX GPU.

Check this photo which was shot at E3 2013 from NeoGaf boards.

79XEton.jpg

Look closely at the card in the desktop. The demo units for the Xbox aren't using dev kits that are at the same level as what the Xbox specs are going to be. They are using PC's that have an Nvidia GTX card inside. For anyone that doesn't know about graphic cards and the technology differences, an Nvidia GTX 700 card should be much more powerful than the GPU in what will be the Xbox One.

Now read the tweet of Julian Rignall. :lol:

bSYqnNI.png

#2 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

This is actually quite old news, they do this at every E3 so the games look as good as possible graphically and so they can get the smoothest frame rates then when people actually get these games for their consoles they never look as good or run as well. 
The already know that the Battlefield 4 demo's were running on 2x7990 @3k resolution

I think the funniest part is, that alot of and I would probably say maybe even all of them are running on Intel CPU's which, although being slightly more expensive than AMD are considerably better for gaming, especially the i5 2500k/3570k/4570k which are absolute beasts even at stock speeds when it comes to gaming performance. 

Makes me happy to know I'll be running xbox one/ps4 ported games (which are built for x86 anyway so its not even much of a port) on my 3570k and soon to be GTX 780 sli. 

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Not an Intel fan here, but yeah, they do this not to show "Working hardware" of new consoles, but to show off how they hope (HOPE) the game will run and how nice it should be.  They never actually say that the Demo is actually RUNNING on the console, they just "forget" to tell you that it is NOT running on that console, what you believe and assume is up to you.

Unless you see some one load up a game on a new until, out of the box, and it starts, then it mat be believable.  But I also suspect that at times they have just the case with a micro mobo inside, a full PC... but i am just paranoid at times.

TL;DR.  If they dont tell you that it is the actual hardware the demo is running on, then it is not. 

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one