apple ios

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 WinTunes

WinTunes

Active WinMatrixian

• 361 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Apple has revealed all the new feature of iOS in this official trailer of iOS 7.

• Control Center -- lets you quickly access common functions like brightness, music, flashlight, and airplane mode, and is available from everywhere in the OS.
  • Multitasking -- available for all apps without killing battery life. Notices how you use apps and updates them in the background according to how frequently you access them. Also makes it easier to swipe between open apps.
  • Safari -- new full screen look, with tabs at the top, a smart search field, and one tap access to favorites, search and URLs.
  • AirDrop -- lets you securely share files with friends using a Share Sheet. "No need to bump your phone with others", as Tim Cook puts it.
  • Camera app -- four cameras in one. Swipe between video, camera, square camera, and pano camera, and apply live photo filters.
  • Photos app -- organizes your snaps for you into "moments" and makes it easier to share photos (and videos).
  • Siri -- smarter and with new voices, including ones in French and German (other languages planned). Integrates with Twitter, Wikipedia, and Bing.
  • iOS in the Car -- get iOS on the built-in screen in your car so you can make calls, view maps, watch video and listen to music. Coming in 2014.
  • App Store -- lets you look for apps based on age range, and view popular apps based on location. Apps are updated automatically now.
  • Music -- artist images in your library, iCloud content appears in your library too.
  • iTunes Radio -- a new radio option built into the Music app. Hundreds of stations available to start you off and you can create your own in several ways. You can explore featured songs, songs trending on Twitter, tap to share music with friends. Free with ads, or ad-free with iTunes Match. Starting in the US and rolling out to the rest of the world over time.
  • FaceTime audio -- lets you make high quality audio calls
  • Notification sync -- dismiss a notification on one device you own, and it will be dismissed on all of them.
  • Activation lock -- if a thief steals your iPhone and turns off Find My Phone or wipes the device, they won’t be able to activate the phone again.

iOS 7 website

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

To bad the new UI looks like Apple tried to rip off Android, Windows 8/RT, and apply Apple design specs to it...

(And YES, lets not start up a "Company X stole from Company Y thread... we have enough of that as it is)

Some of the Icons look nice, but some feel very out of place.

Outside of that, the updates, etc... very nice.

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS BULL$H!+!

WOW! Apple this sucks. Really.. What happened?

scottforstallios7.jpg

#4 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I think it looks absolutelly fantastic. They're learning from the best practices (Android for notifications, WebOS for multitasking) and adding their own small, but very significant improvements. Just the aero interface alone makes it worth it for me, time to retire my trusty 'ol iTouch 2G..

#5 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Have to get used to the new icons, but cool stuff.

#6 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Well, looks like I don't need to jailbreak once this releases. (auxo, folder enhancer, etc). Im even using a theme that looks quite similar to this anyway. Heres hoping the iPhone 4 version isn't drasticly neutered.

#7 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS BULL$H!+!

WOW! Apple this sucks. Really.. What happened?

scottforstallios7.jpg

If he didnt get fired we wouldn't have half the features that were shown. Think about it. People would still be complaining that OH NOEZ IT LOOKS THE SAME,  BAH , APPLE NO INNOVATE!.

#8 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

The colour coordination is terrible. Looks nice but they need to sort the acid trip colours out.

#9 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Personally I don't like the way it looks either. I love how the apps, notification center, and lockscreen look like now, but the odd color palette used for the icons on the homescreen looks bad, and the way the control center accidentally creates this 'rainbow hue' effect in the background by blurring...plus the use of wireframe icons, it makes me want to tear my eyes out. Hard to believe that Jonny Ive was the man behind this, because I was so sure that he would come up with something better.

The use of translucency and blurring is what we have already seen on Windows Vista/ 7. The translucency and blurring may look cool and pretty, but they don't contribute much to usability. Jonny Ive was trying to create 'depth' through the use of layers of translucency, but that was exactly the kind of 'depth' that Microsoft was trying to achieve on the desktop with Aero on Windows, and guess what, after five years of Aero, it didn't work out.

Overall though, I do think Apple has delivered a solid much-needed iOS redesign. I'm really glad that they didn't rip Metro wholesale like some of the rumors suggested. It's unique and differentiated from other platforms. It might just be enough to to keep a healthy portion of the market from switching to Samsung (ironically, touchwiz is uglier than iOS 7).

EDIT: not taking a swipe or knocking apple here, but I LOL'd when I saw this:

zuneios7.png

EDIT 2: A great approach could have been like Nokia's Symbian Belle/ MeeGo design:

10eorux.jpg

EDIT 3: Saw this modified mockup (left) and I really like it! So i'm sharing it here:

ios7.jpg

#10 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I want to see how it looks on iPad..

#11 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

If he didnt get fired we wouldn't have half the features that were shown. Think about it. People would still be complaining that OH NOEZ IT LOOKS THE SAME,  BAH , APPLE NO INNOVATE!.

Apple's design was already innovative. These new colors clash and just look horrible.

It's like design has switched to "Accessibility Mode" by default.

All these bright @$$ colors. Reading Rainbox @$$ design.

Man... .....

#12 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I don't know what people are complaining about the simple interface is what trending these days and a few websites are being redesigned to have that simple look and I think it's great I never liked the highly graphical stuff but just by judging by what I saw I think batteries are going to burn a lot faster with that new IOS 7

#13 RUY

RUY

Active WinMatrixian

• 682 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

I think it looks absolutelly fantastic. They're learning from the best practices (Android for notifications, WebOS for multitasking) and adding their own small, but very significant improvements. Just the aero interface alone makes it worth it for me, time to retire my trusty 'ol iTouch 2G..

And Apple will not get sued for doing all this.

#14 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Samsung recently sued apple over some patents and won. Double standards people...

#15 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Samsung recently sued apple over some patents and won. Double standards people...

btw, I love your Jony Ive-redesigned Windows Phone mockup, it's hilarious!

tumblr_mob8xs9ejL1svn1xeo1_500.png

#16 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, because Apple was NOT founded on stealing other's ideas (Looking at you, Apple, stealing the Xerox Parc GUI-Mouse...

They may, but Apple will do everything possible to say that they did not steal, just refined the idea to  anew idea... and that is still theft.

They did win.  Then Apple decided "screw it", and just kept on stealing...

Apple will never change.  Overpriced hardware, not that great of a UI (See Android 4.2 for a better UI), it's the Tragically Hipster / "Sheeple" club.  And yeah, the Candy Colored Rainbow Vomit color scheme... Ive must have been tripping bawls when he did that.  And yes, I do know, he gave the Marketers a color pallet and let THEM design the icons...   Because, you know, marketers know more then graphic designers...

In short, Apple is shit, they steal like all hell, long live Android, I hate Apple, and I am ok with it, if you are not, well, ok, fine, I don't care.

#17 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

btw, I love your Jony Ive-redesigned Windows Phone mockup, it's hilarious!

Thx! Some people actually thought it looked more legit than the real Metro interface...

#18 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Check out FlatIcons theme on cydia bros. Awesome theme I'm using right now;
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2r389xd.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/ztcd55.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2s8hjwo.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/k03iqg.jpg

(yes that is my Instagram, follow if you have it) 

Yeah that's what my iPhone 5 looks like right now. 
Using;
FlatIcons for Winterboard
Iconoclasm 3x4 layout
Barrel
CardSwitcher multitasking
Springtomize
3DBoard for 3D springboard effect like ios7
Typo5 Lockscreen

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apple, ios