6 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

ECnb0aO.png

After releasing iPad vs. Windows 8 Tablet comparison video, Microsoft has now launched a website to convince the new buyers that Windows 8 tablets are better than Apple iPad. Microsoft picked the Asus VivoTab Smart, Dell XPS 10, HP Envy x2, and its Surface RT to compare against a 32GB and 64GB iPads on the website.

Most of the comparisons are valid and fair — including battery life, weight, and display size — but Microsoft appears to be singling out Office apps as a benefit without noting Apple's alternative. The software maker notes that the iPad can only run OneNote, but there's no mention that it's up to Microsoft to offer Office apps on iOS. The charts include many of the same comparisons that were made in Microsoft's recent ad, with a central focus on price.

Source: WindowsVideos, via The Verge

Here's the above mentioned video:

#2 Darcena

Darcena

WinMatrixian

• 100 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

iPad > Windows RT tablet

iPad < Windows 8 tablet

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

The only tablet to have an use in the Windows 8 tablets is Pro.   It has full desktop features.  Go Pro or get an iPad / Android Nexus.

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

The only tablet to have an use in the Windows 8 tablets is Pro.   It has full desktop features.  Go Pro or get an iPad / Android Nexus.

Lol, if you want the "full desktop features", the iPad/ Android tablets aren't going to viable options at all.

#5 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Someone get Apple on the phone. Microsoft is copying them again.

Seriously, let's see Office open a pages document.

As far as Office goes:

iOS Pages:

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Someone get Apple on the phone. Microsoft is copying them again.

Seriously, let's see Office open a pages document.

am I missing something? I don't think Microsoft is copying Apple at all. They both are pursuing the tablet market very differently...

#7 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Want apps for your tablet?? get an iPad..Windows tablets don't have apps! I have an iPad 4th gen and I wouldn't trade it for an android tablet much less a windows one.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, ipad, tablet, surface