• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

cknM3HA.jpg

The Sculpt Mobile mouse and Sculpt Comfort mouse comes as an answer to the complaints from users of Windows 8 on non-touch devices. The Windows hotkey or the Windows touch tab on the mouse will help you to quickly navigate to the Start screen and access apps faster.

Windows Experience Blog

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

The Start button, ladies and gentlemen.

#3 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Haha (Y)

#4 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I don't think Windows has enough Start Buttons. 

#5 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's a Windows button! :D

#6 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Why is there a scroll wheel on it?  Both MS and Logitech has mice with touch-sensitive faceplates, no button dividers / left-right divided area, scrolls at a finger flick across the left or right side, does tablet like horizontal swipes... this is three steps back in the wrong direction... all for a windows button?  FAIL.

#7 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Wow another gimmick for the computer illiterate. Clicking on my Logitech mouse middle button activates the start menu on Windows 8 already. This can already be done if you go through your software mouse settings....For those using Microsoft mouse I feel bad for you :(

#8 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Why is there a scroll wheel on it?  Both MS and Logitech has mice with touch-sensitive faceplates, no button dividers / left-right divided area, scrolls at a finger flick across the left or right side, does tablet like horizontal swipes... this is three steps back in the wrong direction... all for a windows button?  FAIL.

yeah I agree with this, the scroll wheel sucks. I use a touch mouse and I flick through my stuff all the time, it also feels consistent with the trackpad on my laptop. I can never go back to the scroll wheel.

This mouse would be perfect if it had a scrolling strip like the Arc Touch:

Microsoft-Arc-Touch-mouse-disassembly-18

#9 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

yeah I agree with this, the scroll wheel sucks. I use a touch mouse and I flick through my stuff all the time, it also feels consistent with the trackpad on my laptop. I can never go back to the scroll wheel.

This mouse would be perfect if it had a scrolling strip like the Arc Touch:

Microsoft-Arc-Touch-mouse-disassembly-18

Agreed.  I have been doing serious lines of thought on making this model my next mouse purchase.  I love my Logitech, don't get me wrong...  But believe it or not, MS's mice have always impressed me.  Well, except for this last one, that is...

#10 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

curious. why did MS go back to the scroll wheel? the arc touch was quite the design and comfort for most users. Imo going back to the scroll wheel only added a way for the mouse to not work someday due to some weird dust reason or something.

#11 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

curious. why did MS go back to the scroll wheel? the arc touch was quite the design and comfort for most users. Imo going back to the scroll wheel only added a way for the mouse to not work someday due to some weird dust reason or something.

Most likely some customers could not figure out how to scroll, because of the lack of a wheel. Even though the mouse was touch-biased.  Adapting cell tech to a mouse is great, and the next thing i believe, but not every one is tech savvy.  So at times, you have to appease the idiots.

the biggest threat to the Tech industry is not patent trolls, but idiot users... like the ones that buy an octo-core machine with 16GB ram, just to play Farmville on FB, and complain that they cant "Download more RAM to make the machine faster"

(I know 4 people that do this kind of stuff... and yes, i wanna kill them all)

#12 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Most likely some customers could not figure out how to scroll, because of the lack of a wheel. Even though the mouse was touch-biased.  Adapting cell tech to a mouse is great, and the next thing i believe, but not every one is tech savvy.  So at times, you have to appease the idiots.

the biggest threat to the Tech industry is not patent trolls, but idiot users... like the ones that buy an octo-core machine with 16GB ram, just to play Farmville on FB, and complain that they cant "Download more RAM to make the machine faster"

(I know 4 people that do this kind of stuff... and yes, i wanna kill them all)

This is so true...things like Windows Phone, it's a great OS with features that matter, but people are buying into the 'spec race' on display by Android devices. Metro on Windows 8 is good too, but people are so fixated on the idea that the start menu is the only 'correct' way to navigate around Windows.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: microsoft, windows 8