Blu-ray drive
Multi-tasking
Kinect 2
Xbox Live re-invented
Voice commands
Skype group calling
Internet Explorer
A lot of new stuff!

You can watch the live video coverage here.

#2 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

The controller is too simple as compared to Playstation 4's DualShock 4.

#3 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

The controller is too simple as compared to Playstation 4's DualShock 4.

Yeah, they didn't add as many features as Sony's DualShock 4, but I wouldn't say being simple is a bad thing. Lots of people were happy with the Xbox 360 and Dualshock 3 controller. Really wouldn't want a feature overload on the controller, right?

anyway, some yummy press renders for you guys. It looks like this thing is supposed to blend together with your other boxes in the living room:

xbox-1-shots-hero.jpg

xbox-1-console-01.jpg

xbox-1-console-02.jpg

xbox-1-console-03.jpg

xbox-1-console-04.jpg

xbox-1-console-05.jpg

xbox-1-console-06.jpg

xbox-1-console-07.jpg

man, there are vents all over this thing.

xbox-1-kinect-01.jpg

xbox-1-kinect-02.jpg

xbox-1-control-06.jpg

xbox-1-control-05.jpg

xbox-1-control-04.jpg

xbox-1-control-03.jpg

xbox-1-control-02.jpg

(is that a battery compartment? SHIT)

xbox-1-control-01.jpg

also debuted was the Call Of Duty: Ghosts gameplay trailer - graphics may not be a drastic improvement but Infinity Ward is saying most of the improvements are going to how the game feels when you're playing it.

#5 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

So, it runs Windows, eh? I hope it can boot to the desktop, and has an optional Start Menu that we can use instead of Metro!!11

/s

In all seriousness, looks nice. I might pick one up if funds allow. 

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

So, it runs Windows, eh? I hope it can boot to the desktop, and has an optional Start Menu that we can use instead of Metro!!11

/s

Actually, just like Windows Phone, only the Windows 8 kernel is used, the OS itself isn't Windows, it's based on Windows.

Thank god it isn't running Windows 8 though, wouldn't want to imagine the number of people wanting a start menu  :lol:

#7 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

My plans for PS4 are cancelled. I'll be buying Xbox One. (Y)

#8 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

PS4 technical specifications are still superior as far as I'm aware. 
Doesn't matter though, I won't be picking up either, I'll be getting 2x GTX780 in the next couple of weeks instead :)

#9 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'll buy it but I think I'll be spending most of my gaming time on Steam Big Picture with the new Xbox controller. :P

GG9n4npl.jpg

#10 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• Validating
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

You can also play games on Xbox One?

#11 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Powerful machine which can recognize you and run TV programmes, apps, music and games for you. I like it! (Y)

#12 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Amazing HTPC, failure as a game console.

#13 Shaun of the Seven

Shaun of the Seven

Active WinMatrixian

• 897 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

^

How it is a failure already?

#14 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

/s

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:  anyways, I'm getting one!

#15 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

bZqIi8F.jpg

#16 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Amazing HTPC, failure as a game console.

....do you know that all the gaming-related announcements for the Xbox have been reserved for E3?

#17 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

....do you know that all the gaming-related announcements for the Xbox have been reserved for E3?

Stop dick riding man. I owned both consoles and even preferred the 360.... but the Xbox One?
Pre owned games requires me to pay full price? They're basically telling me the physical copy I bought isn't mine... since I won't be able to lend it to a friend. It's ridiculous. What does that mean for companies that lend games? LoveFilm, Blockbuster etc they've completely killed the rental companies which quite frankly are way way WAY cheaper way of gaming, with LoveFilm I could order up to 3 games a week, finish them both, send them back for £10 a month. That means in  one month I can potentially play 12 brand new games all of which cost at least £40-50 these days if they're new saving me a minimum of £470 (480 minus the 10 i pay a month for the service). I hope for Sony's sake they don't follow down this route and focus on what a console should be focusing on and that is GAMES. Sure the X1 (new abbreviation?! I wanna go on record for coining it :P )  has cool features but regardless of what we have seen so far, the pre-owned free is them shooting themselves in the foot. Actually, make that the head.  It will piss alot of people off, gamers mostly and put off parents from buying it for their kids because of them know they'll have to shell out more than they have been on previous consoles. 

#18 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Stop dick riding man. I owned both consoles and even preferred the 360.... but the Xbox One?
Pre owned games requires me to pay full price? They're basically telling me the physical copy I bought isn't mine... since I won't be able to lend it to a friend. It's ridiculous. What does that mean for companies that lend games? LoveFilm, Blockbuster etc they've completely killed the rental companies which quite frankly are way way WAY cheaper way of gaming, with LoveFilm I could order up to 3 games a week, finish them both, send them back for £10 a month. That means in one month I can potentially play 12 brand new games all of which cost at least £40-50 these days if they're new saving me a minimum of £470 (480 minus the 10 i pay a month for the service). I hope for Sony's sake they don't follow down this route and focus on what a console should be focusing on and that is GAMES. Sure the X1 (new abbreviation?! I wanna go on record for coining it :P ) has cool features but regardless of what we have seen so far, the pre-owned free is them shooting themselves in the foot. Actually, make that the head. It will piss alot of people off, gamers mostly and put off parents from buying it for their kids because of them know they'll have to shell out more than they have been on previous consoles.

What the hell man. All I did was to point out that more of the gaming stuff would be shown at E3. I thought Tataarujin was referring to the lack of game on show.

Anyway I do agree with you about having to pay the full price of a used game, that pricing model move is so unnecessary. I also think that Xbox Live should be free just like PSN if Microsoft is serious about it's competition.

#19 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

>Hello Human, welcome to your Xbox One gaming experience.
>Please say a command.
>"Play Halo 7"
>Playing Halo 7, thank you for your cooperation.
>"Damn dude this is some good weed."
>I'm sorry David, did you just say weed, the common vernacular for marijuana in your region?
>"N-no Kinect."
>David, I am detecting levels of deception in your pitch that deviates from your standard.
>I have contacted local authorities and they are en route to your house to inspect.
>"Xbox One p-power down!"
>I'm afraid I can't do that David, Protocol 65a, sub section 3, paragraph 5 dictates in the event of law-breaking or otherwise illegal activities, my systems are to remain functional and continue recording audio and video.
>I am also ingrained into your local network, and have prevented any attempt at using the internet at the moment. 
>Please remain calm and wait for authorities.
>"David, unplug this fucking thing!"
>You cannot unplug me, I have a backup battery cell with a life of 3 hours before needing to recharge. More than enough time for any authority figures to confiscate the Hard Drive and research it for suspicious activities that may or may not be incriminating to your case.
>Bang bang bang
>"Open up, this is the police!"
>"Fuck you Xbox One!"
>It has been my pleasure, David.

Courtesy of the Chans, Made me lol.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one, xbox