microsoft scroogled google chrome

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

Google CEO Larry Page spoke out about competition and negativity in the tech industry at Google I/O. On the same day, a Microsoft's internal "Scroogled" video leaked on the web criticizing Google Chrome ‘Now Everywhere’ video.

Here is the original Google Chrome video:

Microsoft’s internal video criticizing "Now Everywhere" video:

This is what Larry Page said:

"I’ve personally been quite sad at the industry’s behavior around all these things. If you take something as simple as IM, we’ve had an open offer to interoperate forever….Just this week Microsoft took advantage of that by interoperating with us. You can’t have people milking off of just one company.”

Your comments Winmatrix? :mellow:

#2 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, and Microsoft is transfering their info about us right to the FBI, CIA and NSA. Bunch of douchebags and hypocrites.

#3 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Stop it Microsoft. You are embarrassing yourself.

#4 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Wait, wait, if Chrome's ecosystem is wrong ( Chrome is just a browser, remember ), what can we say about Microsoft's new much wider ( and, following the same logic - much more dangerous and creepy ) ecosystem - one Microsoft Account sign-in ( formely Live ID ) for PC, Skype, Skydrive, Outlook, Phone, Xbox, ..., SmartGlass and so on???

MICROSOFT! YOU ARE RETARDED!

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Wait, wait, if Chrome's ecosystem is wrong ( Chrome is just a browser, remember ), what can we say about Microsoft's new much wider ( and, following the same logic - much more dangerous and creepy ) ecosystem - one Microsoft Account sign-in ( formely Live ID ) for PC, Skype, Skydrive, Outlook, Phone, Xbox, ..., SmartGlass and so on???

MICROSOFT! YOU ARE RETARDED!

Microsoft's ecosystem isn't 'wider and more dangerous and creepy'. Microsoft's ecosystem stops at their own services. According to the video above, it's almost implying that Google wants a piece of your everything - your banking, your passwords, your addresses, your search history, your video history, your emails, your social networking graph, and so on.

Also, check out the top comment on the video:

6yPbKwD.png

Chrome is 'just a browser'? Okay, sure. But Chrome also happens to be the scapegoat in this video to make Google look different, to make the web better! ...while mining your personal information.

"I’ve personally been quite sad at the industry’s behavior around all these things. If you take something as simple as IM, we’ve had an open offer to interoperate forever….Just this week Microsoft took advantage of that by interoperating with us. You can’t have people milking off of just one company.”

Your comments Winmatrix? :mellow:

It's hilarious that Larry Page said that, because at that same I/O conference, they launched an extremely closed and non-interoperable IM 'solution': Hangouts.

Windows Live Messenger was interoperable, it was based on standards, and the standard was open (if Google did something "open" it would suddenly be awesome), but no one, Google included, wanted to interop with Microsoft's solution. Today, Messenger has been killed in favor of Skype, and Skype is also interoperable (but to a limited extent). And Skype is probably a better IM solution than Hangouts will ever be. For beginners, Skype is available on virtually every single platform - Windows, OSX, Android, iOS.

How about Google hangouts? They released an app for iOS, Android, and ...Chrome? (I thought chrome was 'just a browser'? now Chrome has become Google's excuse for not making proper apps - drinking their own kool-aid here). They didn't even bother making an app for OSX and Windows. Really great cross-platform strategy here. Google's struggle to build a decent IM solution is ultimately their own shortcoming. Instead of accepting that, they are blaming the industry, and Microsoft is somehow a culprit for interoping with Google's solution, when Google could have interoped with Messenger. If the industry (yes, including Google) co-operated with open standards, Messenger would probably still be alive today.

Google isn't the mr.niceguy Larry likes to think about, and they probably didn't want Microsoft to succeed in this area. Actually, Google doesn't want to see anyone succeed except for themselves. They're playing the same game but being huge hypocrites at it.

It also probably doesn't make Google look any better for issuing a cease-and-desist to Microsoft asking them to remove the YouTube Windows Phone app, citing a lack of ads. Google can care enough to worry about their revenues from Windows Phone users using this app, but not enough to make an app or to give the APIs and co-operate with Microsoft. The best part about this is that Microsoft is actually happy to comply with Google, but Google isn't even giving Microsoft a chance. This is right here is Google being retarded.

Microsoft may be retarded for making videos like that but Google is just as retarded. The difference here is that while Microsoft makes videos like this, that is just about as far as they will go - a video attacking competitors. They actually still co-operate with the industry, and they actually co-operate with Google too, Microsoft has learnt from it's past to not block/ eliminate competition. Google on the other hand doesn't even want to co-operate with anyone but yet they're the ones touting words like "openness" and "choice".

People like Mediar (see post above) have been going around saying MICROSOFT, YOU ARE RETARDED!!! ...open your eyes instead of buying in marketing, Google is just as, or even more retarded. Sorry.

I realize that I sound more and more like a Microsoft fanboy, but I really think that people are misunderstanding things. All Microsoft has been doing is to create videos that attack google. When it comes to actual competition in the industry, they play it clean and healthy. Google on the other hand, doesn't create videos that attack Microsoft, but they use dirty tricks, and it's really starting to show.

#6 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

^ This comment! :o

#7 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

So, Google banned the use of Microsoft Windows back in 2010, yet he wants to talk about "negativity"? 

Google's software for Windows is crappy at best, Google Earth alone crashes more times than a drunk driver in a crowded city, and their services are completely unusable without ad/tracking blockers. If Page is upset he isn't mining my data, then as far as I'm concerned, he can go QQ more in the corner. 

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: microsoft, scroogled, google, chrome