Finally Debian 7 is released.
- support for Intel IA-32/x86 (i386), 64-bit PC / Intel EM64T / x86-64 (amd64), Motorola/IBM PowerPC (powerpc), Sun/Oracle SPARC (sparc), MIPS (mips ? mipsel), Intel Itanium (ia64), IBM S/390 (s390, s390x), ARM (armel, armhf).
- full LSB 4.1
- 37493 binary packages and 17500 source packages
- EXT4 is FS offered by default
- UEFI support (note that Secure Boot is NOT SUPPORTED yet)
- optional systemd support
- improved boot time (by enabled insserv)
- optimized compiler flags to prevent the memory overflow attacks
- GNOME 3.4, KDE 4.8.4, Xfce 4.8, LXDE with updated PCManFM,LXPanel and LXMusic
- X.Org 7.7, linux kernel 3.2 with backports from 3.4
- LibreOffice 3.5.4, Calligra 2.4, Iceweasel 10, Icedove 10, Pidgin 2.10.6, GIMP 2.8.2
- LOTS of improvements in installer.
I upgraded all my PCs and I can say that it is not worse that previous one. I Debian.