GINA TRAPANI #credit
To burn bootable or full Image Disk on OS X using Disk Utility do the following:
1. Launch Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).
2. Insert your blank DVD or CD.
3. Drag and drop your .dmg or .iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility. Now both the blank disk and the .iso/.dmg should be listed.
4. Select the .iso/.dmg file you want to burn to disc, and click on the Burn button. A dialog box confirming the destination (your blank CD/DVD) will appear, as shown:
5. Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!
All disc will work across platforms.