Photo
- - - - -

Burn bootable or full Image Disk on OS X using Disk Utility

burn bootable image disk osx disk utility

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

ginatrapani.jpg
GINA TRAPANI #credit

To burn bootable or full Image Disk on OS X using Disk Utility do the following:

1. Launch Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).

2. Insert your blank DVD or CD.

3. Drag and drop your .dmg or .iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility. Now both the blank disk and the .iso/.dmg should be listed.

4. Select the .iso/.dmg file you want to burn to disc, and click on the Burn button. A dialog box confirming the destination (your blank CD/DVD) will appear, as shown:

originalic.png

5. Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!

All disc will work across platforms.

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

you can use a similar method to this in Disk utility to write bootable ISO's to thumbdrives as well :) Physical media is dead, most new notebooks don't come with an optical drive either!

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

you can use a similar method to this in Disk utility to write bootable ISO's to thumbdrives as well :) Physical media is dead, most new notebooks don't come with an optical drive either!

I was using it to make another Hackintosh. My parents had Windows and I had to switch them from Windows 7 to Mac OS X. Yea. I have a lot of computers I know. The pink mouse was bought by my brother's girlfriend, so hold the jokes. I literally started at it crazy for a few minutes when I noticed my Compaq mouse replaced.

img20130506225143.jpg

Anyways, I'm about to get my Macbook finally that I won off eBay :)

I've personally used Hackintosh long enough.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burn, bootable, image disk, osx, disk utility