Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Windows 8 64-bit is the third most popular OS for PC gamers!

steam windows 8 windows 7

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

    Super WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

6xHUx7t.png
 
Only 3.84 percent of total PC users worldwide are using Windows 8 according to Net Applications but Windows 8 is becoming a much more popular operating system amongst PC gamers, as it reached a market share of 11.65 percent according to Steam Hardware survey.
 
Windows 7 64-bit is still at the top with 54.18 percent, followed by the 32-bit version with 13.39 percent. Windows 7 has a total share of the Valve platform of 67.57 percent, down from 68.51 percent the month before. Windows 8 64-bit is at the third place with 10.86 percent.

#2 D7777

D7777

    WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Its very obvious trend. Gamers tend to adopt new technologies first.



#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

    your average joe (tm)

  • Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Its very obvious trend. Gamers tend to adopt new technologies first.

yep...also because I guess there are performance gains in Windows 8 that enthusiasts like squeezing out of their machines.



#4 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

    Donnie

  • Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

0.01% increase in Windows XP 64 bit users! :o



#5 Phenom II

Phenom II

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'll guess that number will drop over time as people get sick of 8s crap



#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

    your average joe (tm)

  • Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'll guess that number will drop over time as people get sick of 8s crap

One has to wonder if people are getting sick of your posts as well.



#7 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

    Super WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

The number won't drop until Microsoft release Windows 9.



Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, windows 8, windows 7