• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Microsoft has attacked Google numerous times via its Scroogled campaign before. The company has now turned its sights to Android apps which people buy from Google Play store.

"When you buy an Android app from the Google app store, they give the app maker your full name, email address and the neighborhood where you live. This occurs without clear warning every single time you buy an app. If you can't trust Google's app store, how can you trust them for anything?"

Watch the video below:

Convinced enough? But in reality, when you buy something from the internet, the seller gets your information. That’s how things work. If you don't trust the seller, don't buy the app!

#2 Darcena

Darcena

WinMatrixian

• 100 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

App store is just a marketplace. Anyone can sell his app there if he follows the guidelines.

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

But in reality, when you buy something from the internet, the seller gets your information.

Honest words if I have ever heard any.  It's like telling people to not to buy items from eBay or Amazon... because they get your information.

#4 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 671 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Here we go again... Microsoft and its stupid anti-google ads.

#5 Kalphite

Kalphite

ycsoft®

• 184 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yea that info is mostly public on your google+ profile.

#6 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Microsoft - taking stupidity to a whole new level... I just can't believe a company like Microsoft can act so retarded?

This is the most desperate marketing campaign I've ever seen... their sh*tty products like Windows 8, Windows phone, Office 2013, Outlook and so on are so retarded, that I'm not surprised no one wants to use them! Since they have absolutely no advantages, compared to the rivals, Microsoft's only escape is to throw mud at others, just in order to push their own software garbage! http://www.techtree....t-campaign.html No, Microsoft, thanks, you suck, go away and die!

#7 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

msloosers.exe

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scroogled, android, google